Dr. Andrew Cole is a is a physiatrist who retired from clinical practice with more than 20 years of experience. He specialized in the nonoperative management of spine and joint pain.
Dr. Cole has been an active researcher of the rehabilitation of spinal pain, lecturing nationally and internationally on the topic. He has edited and co-authored several textbooks, including Comprehensive Aquatic Therapy, and has written over 100 articles published in medical journals ranging from The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons to Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America.
Before retiring from clinical practice, Dr. Cole was the President and CEO of Northwest Spine & Sports Physicians. He also served as a Clinical Professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Washington. Currently he provides oversight and medical expertise as a member of Veritas Health’s Medical Advisory Board.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Past President, Physiatric Association for Spine Sports and Occupational Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- BA – Williams College, Williamstown, MA
- MD – University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Internship – St. Mary’s Hospital & Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Residency – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Fellowship – Nonoperative Management of Spine, Sports and Occupational Injuries, SpineCare Medical Group, Daly City, CA
- Fellowship – Musculoskeletal Research, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons