Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lumbar traction machine

has anybody had any long term positive nerve pain relief with this?

I have had three treatments so far all of which made me feel good while on the machine but as soon as I stand, walk or bend after the treatment it feels very risky like my l5 disc is about to burst. It will last a good day or so 

I have had decompression surgery in past for l5 last year and my sciatica constantly switches left - to - right 

advertisement

Comments

• Oh man, don't tell me that about traction. I'm scheduled to start PT on my lumbar and SI joint this week. The PT person already told me that I would be in a traction machine. It made me wobbly just hearing those words. 

I've had traction before on my cspine and it worked well enough. so i dont know why I'm so nervous about this. Who says having spinal issues had to make sense anyway. Please keep us informed about what happens..

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745

Not a fan. Did nothing for me. 

• advertisement
  • Well last Friday was last visit as they prepared a progress report with a "no improvement" and said I basically stalled out. This is a very first for me as I generally can do everything physical. My endurance is lacking and could be showing.

That traction felt good last time I did it on Friday. Only had 4 sessions with 2/4 hurting after.

I have had formal therapy each year ever since 2012 with ok progress. 

• @KeepItTogether I had 3 traction sessions and they did not make a difference so the PT advised to stop it. 

advertisement