Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lower back issues need advice active duty

Good afternoon everyone. I am making this post to try and obtain information and a few things to help with pain relief in my lower back. A few days ago I was working out and felt a slight pinch in my back as if I might have pulled something it didn't feel that bad so I toughed it out and waited a few days as any weight lifting person would do I noticed it was extremely painful to sit down and stand. The pain didn't subside. I was getting undressed after work and noticed my lower stomach and side was shifted 4 inches to the right. My body was crooked and I was all types of sideways. I seeked out medical attention and the military doctor gave me muscle relaxers. Said it was "muscle spasms". Has anybody had this problem (short term and long term results) & if so what are some things to help this situation. Product links and information would be greatly appreciated. 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine-health

Welcome to Spine-health

You don't mention any diagnostic treatment to determine what has caused these muscle spasms.

I have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  There is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

Welcome to Spine Health

AJ 

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • Most likely, your doctor will have you try the muscle relaxers for a bit to see if that will help.  If your abdomen has shifted, you must really be having some spasms.  My guess is depending on which base you're at will partially determine what type of medical studies they will do on you.  When I was deployed in the Middle East, we had to play doctor on ourselves a lot because there were very limited facilities (tents) to be treated!  If hurt badly, then you got airlifted out.

I'd suggest you keep a daily log on what hurts, where it hurts and what (if anything) makes it better.  Show that to your doctor and perhaps that can be used to determine your next course of treatment.

Best of luck and thank you for your service!

Keith

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • advertisement