Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Numbness in left leg, cold left foot, and butt is numb

i had my surgery on October 4, 2017.  I had my L3,4,5 and S 1,2,&3  fixed with rods and screws.  The doctor had problems with getting spacers out and replacing them with new ones. I’m very concern cause I have drop foot have to use a walker and cane  most of the time. I have to wear a brace on my left foot as well from my foot to my knee. I can’t stand long, set, I cannot lift nothing. I still have a lot of back pain. Doctor wants me to go to pt cause the left leg and foot issue. I cannot walk on both heals cause left foot won’t lift up. My toes as I force them down they pull apart but won’t bend all the way.  Told doctor day after I lost felling in left leg, foot and butt doctor was concern at first. Now he don’t know what to do.

The doctor now wants to fix my C 2,3,4,&5  in my neck. My concern cause the problems I have now.  If anyone can help me figure this out please do.  My foot is so cold I can’t stand it.  I hate socks and shoes. I cannot stand wearing them., but I have to. I fall a lot cause my left foot and have bruise on me like if I got beat on.  I have to wear baggy clothes cause of it or leggings, yoga pants. 

So what would you all do.

advertisement

Comments

• OMG!!! Hi! You and i have the EXACT SAME ISSUES!! I just read your post, and I know exactly what you're feeling. Especially the cold foot! OMG, I use a heating pad its so cold, like its in an ice bucket with cold water! I fell twice IN THE HOSPITAL, because my foot is exactly like yours! Won't move at all! Just a tiny bit, which is a good thing it moves a little according to the doctors!

Just had my TLIF surgery Feb 19th, and yes the cage caused me problems, Dr said it didn't fit and he stretched the nerve too much! I had L3 L4 was supposed to be L5 too But he didn't, actually now I forgot why?! I need to find that out, cause I'm not sure he told me this before or after the surgery!

My pain is CRAZY! Not sure which hurts worse, the back or leg and drop foot?!!?!! 

I just wanted to say hi, and if def wait before you let him touch your neck!! I can't really figure out these message board things. But I hope you get this! We are worse than when we went in, you're not alone, and neither am I!

Alissa 

• Hi 

I'm 5 months post TLIF and woke up with numbness from knee to toes with mild  foot drop and buckled knee.

2 months post op came the electric shocks pain and allodynia 

So far nothing has improved and actually the PT made it worse

My surgeon won't order MRI until past 6 months!  He told me to double the dosage on pain med.

Very frustrating to say the least!

We are all came out worse than before surgery.  

• advertisement