Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Si joint pain or L3L4 disc protrusion pain?

hi there, for 5 months now i have lower backpain caused by lifting to much weight in a bended position above my head. (Moving a 90 kg vault to the first floor). Now I have a lot of pain specially 

In bed. I tried chiro, PT, but did not help.MRI showed a L3L4 protrusion with annulus tear leaning to the nerve root.

I dont have sciatica. Can it be someting else than a mild disc herniation? Maybe SI joint? I do not have pain in the Si but when I hurted myself with lifting something in my left hip popped.

Is that the piriformus muscle?

Some good advice is very welcome. My orthopedic docter said without on the MRI having noticed there is a disc protrusion, he cannot do anything for me.

It was an orthopedic still learning and not graduated yet, he has still a lot t learn.

Another very well known orthopedic  surgeon in the Netherlands told me where probably the pain is coming from. He couldnt explain the protrusion L3L4 with annulus tear but no sciatica

As the major source of the lower backpain. He wants to wait some longer. Another doctor adviced me to try prolotherapy injecting muscles with glucose s loosen the Piriformusmuscle.

Anyone had experience wit that kind of treatment?

Greetings  Mart

advertisement

Comments