Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L5/S1 disc protrusion

recently i consulted with an orthopedic surgeon he consulted me to have an MRI and i have done MRI and the result is that there is problem in right para-median disc protrusion at L5/S1 with compression on the right nerve root along with disc degenerative changes t this level help me anyone what i can do for that 

advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am from India, 3 years ago I had L5 S1 disc protrusion. Visited orthopedist, physiotherapist , they suggested me surgery. Everyone had one aim to loot money and least bothered to improve my condition.
    I came across the book from Robin McKenzie  "Treat your back" with exercise demonstrated specifically for disc bulging, protrusion and herniation.
    I bought the book and followed few more exercises, along with the one demonstrated in the book. It worked wonders for me. I saw the transformation in me from not being able to sit or walk to getting back on my feet without any pain.
    I would recommend you and other people with similar discomfort to check out his book “Treat your back”. It will definitely help.
    Give it a try before you think of getting a surgery.

In addition to above exercise I would also suggest you to consult your doctor and check if any medication required. I was suggested to continue with the required/ preferred/correct form of exercise and medicine was stopped with anytime option of opting for a surgery, which would have been a quick fix  but I opted for longer version of recovery. My recovery time was 2-3 months, later I use to have little pain while driving or sitting long hours in one place but it subsided gradually. You will need to continue doing exercise to build strong muscle around the damage area. Try control your weight if you are on the bulkier side.

Hope above information helps you in your road to recovery. Don't worry, have patience, do exercise  and you should be fine.

• advertisement