Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

A little confused on this over doing it thing

Im now two + weeks out of a l5 / s1 surgery along with basically everything else done from L2 to L5, this isn’t my rodeo having had microdiscectomies years earlier. I’ve been walking and driving since a week post op, I haven’t experienced any issues except for stiffness and sore muscles at the end of the day when sitting, I still can’t sleep in a bed cause I have to sleep on my side and that tends to aggravate my muscles and lying flat doesn’t work either. I keep hearing about over doing it from other people including a pain management dr I had before the surgery. When I left the hospital the dr from the surgery center said you back isn’t going anywhere ( that I’d basically have to get hit by a car for me to mess it up). I don’t  BLT at all but I’m active. I know non fusion is a big dangerous thing but I also Know that scar tissue is just as bad if not worse and I want to avoid it at all costs. How do I find that balance? 

advertisement

Comments

• Just keep walking and find a baseline to work to @universe777 .

If you pushed the healing too early the body may kick back, so I will say as my surgeon said to me, when ask how much and when etc.  'Listen to your body'.  That was the best advice I got from all instructions I received.

Good luck with your recovery and glad everything went to plan and you are progressing in your recovery.

Take care 

AJ

AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017