Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pending Surgery

Comments

• i know you are right, but all my friends have a job and its difficult for me to see them but we are trying to plan some vacatons. and yes its very hard to dee the sad things about a surgery, im trying to learn more things but every time i learn something bad i turn my head to the other side. im trying to stay positive and all the good things that ahead, but sometimes its so sad thinking of surgery. on the other hand im looking forwaed for my surgery, in order to start planninng my next steps on education and job.

• Emmi- if you are referring to T,L,S - it defines part of your spine- C is cervical neck to T-Thoracic which is middle of spine. L is lumbar for lower spine. S is sacral... which is bones in pelvis. The numbers are the numbered vertebrae in each section. So for example: mine is T9 to pelvis which includes part of the thoracic all the way through each lumbar set to the s1and 2 in the pelvis. Was that what you meant? I still work for a living, though it’s hard to get out of bed most days... I hope to be able to continue when I’m done. My job isn’t physical it’s mental so praying I can continue because I love what I do... can’t handle the uncertainty though. I have a hard time walking right now, so not sure what your limitations are, but swimming is something I love that doesn’t put the strain on my body. I found last year after surgery I enjoyed the adult coloring books as they are very tedious and gave me something to concentrate on. 

• advertisement
  • yes thank you for eplaining to me.you are lucky your job isn't physical. i so happy for you that you can go to work. as for me, my doctor says that after 2 months i can go to work and in a month i can even travel if i want to. also even thought i remember the pain from my first surgery i cant remember how much it took to recover completely. what do you think???