Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical and/or Thoracic Hemivertebrae

hdgrubbhhdgrubb Posts: 3
edited 12/05/2018 - 8:47 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I know it's a long shot but do any active members here have or know anyone who has a cervical or thoracic hemivertibrae, or both cervical and thoracic hemivertibrae? 

I've known about my thoracic hemivertibrae since childhood, it was diagnosed before birth. Then in my early 20s I complained of neck pain, had an MRI and discovered a 2nd hemivertibrae in my cervical spine. 

I'm 37 now and my thoracic spine feels ok, obviously because it is more stabilized by the ribcage. But my cervical spine is really bothering me. DDD, osteoarthritis, autofusion from c2-c7, bone spurs, spinal stenosis and cervical instability. 

Most doctors I seek help from seem to be almost afraid to deal with it because it's too complex and too rare to give a damn about and in a way I can understand them.

I've only had conservative treatments. A dozen or so cervical epidurals, 6 RFAs (3 on right and left side), opioids and anti-inflammatories. Not sure how much worse the constant burning pain can get besides complete paralization.

I'm not expecting medical advice. I just want to know if anyone has a similar condition and how you're doing?

Thanks to this board for giving me an avenue to vent.

advertisement