Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Second microdiscectomy

advertisement

Comments

• mamamc40- Go into surgery knowing in your head and heart that everything will be fine, try to be as stress free as possible as that just makes everything easier. I know how hard that can be but you can do it, you have been through this before and know what to expect so that should make it a little easier. Good luck and I will be praying for you

challenger
    Spine-Health Moderator

• advertisement
  • Had my second microdiscectomy surgery yesterday. Only pain I'm feeling is at the incision site. Anaesthesia took a toll on me. Doesn't sound like I've been left with very much disc. @challenger do you happen to remember how much you had left after your second micro? Hoping I can make it last several years like you did before, if ever needing a fusion. 

• mammamc40-So glad your surgery went well, I know what you mean about anaestesia I struggle wit that also and it is no fun. I don't remember the exact numbers, but remember doctor said there wasn't much left and to be careful. I went back to work as a auto mechanic which was stupid, did that for about 2 years before being promoted to service manager, like I said before I worked on my core muscles and limited my bending and twisting as much as possible, my job still requires lifting so I kept a back brace handy for anything over 25 pounds and should have worn it more often than I did. Be sure to take it easy during recovery no matter how good you feel, and follow your doctors instructions to a tee, that will give you the best chance for success, find something to keep you from getting bored as that has always been the hardest thing for me. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

challenger
    Spine-Health Moderator

• @challenger thank you so much. I know everyone's story has different ending but your words have been a God send. That's enough to make me a little more at ease. I appreciate your support and guidance. 

• advertisement
advertisement