Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

back to back cervical injections

Had an MRI back in August 2018 for my neck and showed stenosis, whereas the C-4 level according to the MRI was obliterated!   In other words the spinal area is being choked off right at that level.  Had an injections at the C-7 T-1 level on the 22 Jan then  ago at 13 Feb at the C-56 level.  They want to do another round next week at the C-3-4  level but I am considering canceling it.  My symptoms have been bicep, tricep,  radiating pain down the left arm to the index and thumb.  That's been alleviated but I still have neck pain in the back of the neck.  I am a retired veteran who does a few hours of school bus driving for the last 3 months and just switched to a much much smaller bus that's a lot more comfortable.  That may be a  source of stress to the back of the neck.  I am trying to make it to May till the end of school.  I started therapy Monday for 3 days a week and did it back June through August and did me very very well for my ROM and elimination of the bicep. tricep, and radiating pain.   I just don't know if another round will do anything much more because the neck pain is still there after the first two rounds back to back?  Had 2 opinions and they both recommend surgery somewhere along the line in the very near future.  

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,484

babbles
    With injections, you never know. They are used as a quick source to get inflammation down from the spinal nerves. They are usually given in a series of 3. Talk to your doctor and see what he says about another round.

I'm sorry to hear about the surgery, please keep us posted.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,484

This discussion is being closed as it is a duplicate. Spine-Health Forum Rules state:
    Rule #5.11 - you agree not to make duplicate threads.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.