Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Robotic Assisted Surgery

Hi all. Has anyone had Lumbar fusion surgery that was robot assisted? If so, how was the recovery? I am having L5-S1 inter-body fusion, cage insertion and instrumentation on 6/11. It is done at an outpatient surgery center, so I will go home after surgery (which makes me a little nervous).

advertisement

Comments

• SummChri77

welcome to spine-health

learn how to use spine-health - take the system tutorial 

I have not had robotic assisted fusion surgery, but my understanding is that it is becoming quite common, hopefully we have other members that have had this and will be able to answer your questions.
    If you will go to the search box at the top right of your screen and search robotic assisted surgery, there are several articles there that may be helpful.

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• Thanks! I will check those out. My doc also thinks that I can be back at work in 3-4 weeks. I have a desk job.  I hope that is the case, but from reading posts from others, thats doesn't seem very likely. Anyone been able to return to work within a few weeks of surgery?

• advertisement
  • Hi SummChri, I did have less invasive robotic assisted back surgery. Fusion L3 to L4 & L4 to L5. Also decompression blocks and hardware (five screws, two rods, five set screws) had a problem with my hardware (set screws came out) see DavidH    With the amount of surgery your having done I am surprised that you'll be going home the same day. Hopefully you'll be first one in mourning otherwise plan on a long day.  I am five weeks out and am off all pain pills (I do take medical marijuana) my back is still sore but I'm not have shooting pain down my right leg like before. 

• I returned to work after 4 weeks after my first fusion surgery, it was part time but I was able to handle it, in hindsight I wish that I had waited at least 6 weeks.

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

advertisement