Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

MRI "unremarkable"

manaleriemmanalerie Posts: 550
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hey guys, had an MRI last Sunday. Thoratic/Cervical Came back "unremarkable" That's good right?
advertisement

Comments

• sounds good to me!patsy
  • :) that sounds very good!! =D> unless you are having pain and need a diagnosis. ~X( in that case it might not be so good. just a thought! 8} Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • I gree with Lulsheart, its good if you are not in pain and frustrating if you are.

My MRI came back showing nothing significant as well. Then why am I in such pain? At least if it had showed something we would know what we were dealing with. Now its just a stab in the dark. EXTREMLY FRUSTRATING..

Do you have pain? I would assume you do or you wouldn't have had an MRI. Where do you hurt?
  • A radiologist may make a report that says it's unremarkable and a surgeon may see exactly where the problem is. Wait until you get to meet up with the doc and go over it before you worry one way or the other.

"C"
  • I am having pain in my upper back, and neck. The PM said it is most likely coming from the pain in my lumbar area. He also said that since there is arthritis in the lumbar area, It very well could be in my upper back also.

The pain in my upper back is not in my spine, more on both sides of my spine, like between the shoulder blades.

I have heard that a lot of times people have pain in their back, and the MRI shows nothing. I was talking to the technician about that when I had my lumbar scan. She said that is the most frustrating, because then the patient doesn't know wth is going on. I can understand how frustrating that may be!!
  • advertisement
  • Have you ever had a bone scan?
  • Funny you should ask that. After I called to get my results, they told me that they want me to have a bone scan... Hoping to get one next week

Why do you ask?
  • When i found out i had two protrusions in my upper back it was from a bone scan,and they also said i have ddd....
  • Ime in the same boat! which stateroom you on? ya know why?
    COZ THIS BOAT IS SINKING!well enough of the histrionics. my images have come back multiple times "clean" relatively...so why do i still have my most excrusiating pain there. keep after the docs till they find out whats getting you. mine is a seven and when the breakthrough hits its like a 20..how about you? mine is right around the nipple line(sorry) beengetting worse for years, bbut i havnt given up yet, dont you either! please dont let this go too long and i hope you find soem rest from it!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,347
    I know that one of the most frustrating things to deal with is when you know you are in pain, but the tests you have taken so far shows nothing! You almost begin to wonder, Is it in my Mind! Am I crazy!

I am not aware of any spinal condition that will not show up in one test or another. There are so many diagnostic test available. When the ones you have to date do not show anything, you hope that your doctor will not give up and start pulling together other tests, other resources to isolate your problem.

When I was going through 2006 and 2007 without much positive feedback on what to do, I just sat down with my Pain Management doctor and said. Ok, whats next, where else can we go? And if you dont have the answers, thats ok, but I need to know That worked out for me, not because we didnt know what was wrong, but we couldnt figure out how to work on it.

Some of the best doctors are really like detectives. They gather all the evidence that is before them, start to make some conclusions and then go looking for more clues, more evidence that can prove something one way or the other.

Amanda, never accept No, we dont have an answer
    Just respond, Ok, if YOU dont know WHO does!
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement