Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Why do you come to these forums and What do you expect

advertisement

Comments

• I found this site pre-surgery when looking for info about recovery from anterior/posterior fusion. I found so much good information about what I would need and might expect that I - like several other people mentionned - just read the posts for weeks before getting up the courage to post myself. (Never posted to a web site before.) But I thought that - having been helped by the info here myself - maybe I could provide information from my own experiences that might help others.

One thing I have appreciated about this site is that the moderators do a nice job of monitoring - keeping out things like posts that are really an ad for somebody's "cure" or those that might be offensive or derogatory. Thank you!

• I found this site after my first surgery. I was trying to find out what just happened to me. The first surgery caught me off guard, but the second surgery had me much more informed due to Spine-Health. The people here have always been supportive and willing to share there experiance with others. The mods do a great job at keeping the board focused and on track. Plus I have made some new friends that understand what I am going through as well as me being able to understand them. Thanks Spine-Health.
  • advertisement
  • I found this site when I was looking up "annular tear" I then found the posts and then the chat room. Everyone has answered my posts even just to let me know I was not alone out there. Even if you came in here angry, looking for answers, the friendlessness of the site tames the lonely lost soul. Thank you all who helped a few weeks ago. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I felt completely alone, afraid, and not knowing if I was being told the right thing. Finding this site is great. Others have been through my situation (and much more). So far, everyone has been great. I appreciate straight forward honesty. I typically have to fight with doctors to get the whole truth. My husband, family, and friends can only understand this to a point. They are wonderful and caring but cannot relate to this. I needed to find a place that I could go so I can ask questions, vent, and feel comfortable. I still scared as can be and not sure what to do. But I know that I will keep coming back here as I go down whichever path I must for advice, support, and maybe a good smack between the eyes. :))(

Thanks to Spine Health for creating such a site.
  • Like everyone else, I arrived here purely by accident, surfing the web for that much needed information. I no longer felt isolated by my impairment. There were actually people who understood - literally - what I was going through. I found better ways to explain things to my family and to communicate ideas/needs to my PM doctor. Finding ways to cope thanks to the trials and errors of complete strangers. Finding that after taking all I could from SH members, that I was actually able to give back a little bit (which felt so good to be 'useful' again!).

This was the first website I visited (to address my pain issues). Why go elsewhere? Well, I actually did go to another website, but it was for WC issues. I found the format was nothing compared to S-H. S-H is more user friendly.

So, Ron, are you fishing for compliments? :?

GREAT JOB MODERATORS AND MEMBERS!!! KEEP IT UP!!! YOU ARE APPRECIATED AND LOVED AND, YES, EVEN ADMIRED FOR ALL YOU DO!!! I woudl bow to you all, but I don't see that smiley up top here.... So I will just give you all a great big >:D< >:D< >:D<

Peace out -

Jeaux
  • advertisement
  • This was the first website of its type that I came across in search of more information regarding the possiblity of the FDA getting around to approving bi-level ADR. I have spent so long (3 years) on pain medication and muscle relaxants waiting for this to occur so that my medical insurance will pay for the procedure. My quality of life is horrible. I do not know where to turn ....
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,135
    Jeaux, that belongs to you guys... You are the ones that keep this site going and keep it strong.
    The owners want something to happen
    The moderators try to see that it happens
    The Members MAKE it Happen

Jeaux, you are a super person, you know what needs to be said how it should be said and so much more....
    Thanks for supporting Spine-Health
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I found this site when I was told that I needed a laminectomy and fusion, and I started searching the internet looking for videos/animations of spine surgery procedures. I found what I was looking for and more on spine-health.com

I kind of stumbled on the forums and what I found was a membership with a camaraderie that I had not seen or experienced on any other message board before.
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• I came here when i did search looking for answers from my mri i had about a year ago....
  • Makes me want to say "Well, hell yeah!"

Very nicely put. I agree with all of it!

Jeaux
advertisement