Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Refill time

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Pain Medications
:W Hey! Does anyone else dread refill time? I swear almost every month it is a struggle to get my Rx filled. My doc told me to call it in a couple days ahead of time because my pharmacy takes forever. So I do, and wait a day, call to check and they say they are still waiting for authorization. I wait a bit longer, then call the office. They say they have already sent auth. I call back at the pharmacy, and so on and so forth. I feel like I'm being treated like a drug addict at the pharmacy, which my doc says alot of them do to people on narcotics.. It just sucks. Does this happen to anyone else? Thanks for letting me vent, it's just that I am in the middle of this right now...
advertisement

Comments

• In a word - YES. I dread refill time as well. As if being stuck with living a life in pain, you really need to be treated like a drug-addict every time you need a refill is fair. All we can do is hang in there somehow. Nothing would make me happier than to be able to have my back issues corrected, and never need another Rx again as I am sure you do too!!
  • I wish I didn't have to take meds, but what's the alternative, right? I am also annoyed that every time I have to call the Dr's office the same receptionist answers and is so condescending and rude and acts like I am annoying HER. The nurse is nice, but in order to get to talk to her I have to leave a message with the rude lady. I wonder why they don't use voice mail! So hopefully, I will get through to someone and get this thing filled, since I have no more meds (I called it in 2 days early to avoid this very problem). Sometimes they are done right away and other months suck.... Good Luck and thanks for the reply, it's nice to know it's not just me! :W
  • advertisement

• Same here Friday is mine, but do to my extra pain(gout) this month I will be out early(doctor approved).I got to call tomorrow and the desk person always reacts weirdly, even 5 months into it now.
  • Seriously! I would love to never have to take another pain pill again! So I waited all day for the RX to be done and I got a call at 4 from the nurse saying that it was on the doc's desk waiting to be authorized and she would tell her if she saw her before the end of the day...I finally tried the pharmacy again at around 6:30 and they still haven't heard back yet. There's a shocker! It will probably be done sometime tomorrow, but I called it in on Monday. That's way to long of a turnaround. Chronic pain sucks! ~X(
  • my pm makes ALL monthly appointments 26-28 days, so i never run out and have Rx in hand on time or early. its tiresome going every month but solves that problem. No refills on schedule II's anyhow.
  • advertisement
  • I set some meds aside every month to make sure I can handle any issues that come up. I about 3 weeks or so set back currently. Just in case.

Nightfall
  • They always make me feel like such a seeker. There is always some sort of problem, some sort of warning...something. I even had the doctor write on all the scripts that it is OK to fill them because they are all on time but one but I wanted to get them all on the same fill schedule again. So we'll see how that goes in the morning.

Not looking forward to it - thats for sure!!

I'll put a thousand dollar bill down that they will screw something up.
    Any bidders?
    Alina
  • You are not alone. I hate calling in refills and almost feel embarrassed :( at the pharmacy. No one to be made to feel that way.

Elle

• My doctor came through tonight got my just before the pharmacy closing.Thank goodness too, my last 2 were needed tonight.

I really need to get into a PM clinic soon, Norco's are just barely cutting it and the tylenol is getting heavy.
  • In my PM clinic, I see her every month. No matter what the date is, I get my PAPER prescription.

PROBLEM IS, trying to FIND the dang stuff to fill. You can't start looking early (pharmacists frown on that - oh, and insurance too). But, what I've been getting lately (from "big name pharmacies") is that the get a shipment of medication once a week, and they never know when they get narcotics. Basically, it's a crap shoot.

THAT's where my problem comes in.... At first, things were going smoothly with the pharmacy beginning with C, but seems like after the hurricanes, things have gone to poop.

I can't get an SCS - due to my performance with the psych eval. At least that's the word for now.... I've got an appt coming in a few weeks. Not sure I want the pain pump. Not sure what to do anymore. I do know,however, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I said all this to say, No, hon - you are NOT alone. In fact, you are NEVER alone because of Spine-Health.com and this forum.

Good luck to you, cher!

Jeaux
    :B
advertisement