Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

did anybody take their iPod for inpatient stay?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'd like to take my iPod to listen to some tunes while I'm locked up, but I'd hate for it to disappear one night while I'm dozing. I can see it now: the nurse looks at me and says "you haven't been listening to an iPod...you're imagining that...it must be your medication"...am I being paranoid?

I hope that everybody had a nice New Year's Day
advertisement

Comments

• iPod and laptop. Neither one disappeared or was messed with.

"C"
  • I also brought my ipod and laptop. I was in my room all the time, and I actually didn't sleep for very long periods of time, but it was fine.
  • advertisement
  • I didn't take mine this time -- I took it when I had a gastric bypass nearly two years ago. I filled it with relaxation sounds -- ocean waves, thunderstorms, etc. It worked like a charm in getting me to sleep and staying that way. I forgot to do it this time around.

Linda

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • I even used mine right up until they took them out of my ears in pre op and then gave them back to me in post op. My doctor saw how relaxed I was I guess being the kind hearted soul he is he let me keep it until I was asleep. No problems getting it back.
  • I'm assuming I'll have a roommate, so I'd at least like to have my iPod. But I am also worried about theft, if I'm doped up on morphine, makes me nervous to have my laptop with me...
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • advertisement
  • & my laptop. My hubby stayed with me the whole time but I don't think i would have worried about it disappearing.
    It was a great relaxation device..I loaded "The Best of Bread" and loved the mello tunes.
  • I took my Ipod with me also. I (or a family member) was in the room most of the time, so I really didn't worry too much about anyone getting it. I took a small basket that I kept my lotion, chapstick, cell phone, etc. in and I just kept it tucked away in there when I wasn't using it.
  • I definitley am taking my ipod, some nice relaxation music like some of the other posts mentioned.... I will only be in for a day or two, but music certainly helps me relax. I also subscribe to the Joel Osteen podcast, what a great motivation for my recovery!
  • thanks for all of the positive replies...I'll definitely charge it up this weekend
  • was with me almost he entire time (recent 10 day 2 stop hospitalization, but when he wasn't there and I got sleepy, I would put the iphone under my hip and sleep on it. Not the most comfy, but I figured I would wake up if someone tried to get it.

I downloaded an application called WhiteNoise and I played the "heavy rain" for many hours to relax. It was nice.

Cheri
advertisement