Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

2nd surgery- new development

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Tippie
    OMG I finally found someone who is having the same problem. I had PLIF on 01/08/09 I am having calf pains and leg pain. Doc did a CT and no clots.The hardware is inplace.He wants to wait and see. SOhe has meon Flexiril. It is helping a little. I started my walking 2 days ago. It hurts after I walk. My appt with the docisin 3 weeks. I am praying thatthe pain will just go away.I dont want another surgery.

Please please keepin touch. I really want to know your doctors opinion. I will give you my phone number if you like. Waiting to heaR from you.

take care
    gowri
  • hi gowri! sorry i havent replied earlier. Been spending a lot of my time sleeping all of a sudden!

its a relief, isn't it, to know there are no clots and hardware is ok, but then you wonder,, could this really be just bad spasms/cramps? they are bad enough to make me scream and cry.only it hurts me while walking and as soon as i lay down it diminishes. Dr. is perplexed by this and seems he hasnt seen the spasms in the way i have them. and is glad there is no "evidence" of serious conditions. so i guess i am a wait and see too!

my dr put me on flexiril also- well, valium first but i got a migraine after i took it, so he switched me over.

I am glad to say it seems the cramps are lessening- but i have been keeping off my feet per his orders for a couple of days.

I am hoping this is not BMP overgrowth, as ernurse has posted about. Did you have BMP used?
    dr used BMP on me since my first fusion using my own bone failed.

i dont blame you for not wanting more surgery- this being my 2nd, i dont not want to do this again for any reason.

keep your spirits up, hopefully the cramps will lessen for you soon. keep me posted ......

• advertisement