It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test
The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
Data Entry Job – SCAM!
We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.
1. First, is this a bad rupture? Is it even a rupture or just a super buldge/herniation?http://www.spine-health.com/forum/sciatica-leg-pain-radiculopathy/my-lumbar-mris
My doc didn't tell me and I don't see a NS for 2 more weeks.
2. My pain has subsided considerably. Sometimes I forget something is wrong. But I still have to move carefully and mornings are a bit sore. I'm taking 3, 800mg ibuprofens a day, spaced 8 hours apart. I don't want to risk any swelling.
3.Is it possible my nucleus is softer than normal and isn't pushing hard on the nerve (assuming it's a rupture)? I've heard that when you get older the nucleus can calcify. Is the normal consistency like jello or crabmeat?
4. Has anyone ever used an inversion table to stretch out their back? Is it dangerous?
5. How does the annulus rupture? Is it a hole, a side to side tear, or an up/down tear. And what keeps the rest from just gushing out?
6. I would really like for this to heal on its own and pretend this never happened. haha. God willing. This has scared me enough that I vow never to move heavy things ever again. Will this vow ultimately save my back or am I doomed to someday repeat this no matter what I do?
Answer 1 or 2 if you know.