Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain Pump Appontment

patwhite101ppatwhite101 Posts: 1,213
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Pain Management
Today I recieved some good news in the mail!!
My appointment with the Doctor who may be doing my pain pump implant arrived today!! It is set for the 14th!! Next week!! I have been waiting 3 months to hear from this Doctor!!
I have been needing some good news right now. And this IS good news. Perhaps, before long, I will get help with this savage foot and leg pain.
Keep your fingers crossed for me my friends
Cheers
Patsy W :H
advertisement

Comments

• I know that you have been having so much pain lately, it really is good news about the pain pump. Let us know how it goes and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Hi, Patsy :H I am hoping the pain pump will provide you the significant pain relief you need.
  • advertisement
  • this will be a good comparison for you. i sure hope it works better than scs. how long will trial be in?
  • Great news!! I'm happy for you, and hope that this is the ticket for you!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • This is my very last resort.
    I have not even met this Doctor yet. This is my first appointment so I know nothing yet.
    Oh...but I have such high hopes this will work for me.

Perhaps I am counting my eggs before they hatch. Perhaps this is not the Doctor for me. I do not know yet. But I do have my first appointment and that is one step closer to hopefully getting the help I need to get this savage pain under control.
    Kathy...Thank you my friend. We both have been having a bad time of it havn't we? Keep your fingers crossed.
    Hi Brothers....Thank you. I am hoping for the relief too.
    Pete my friend...We are gonna make it aren't we buddy?
    Kelly...I know you are hoping the best for me.
    Thank you everyone for your well wishes.
    Sending everyone a left arm hug >:D<
    Patsy W
  • advertisement
  • I hope your appt next week is productive and that the doctor will explain things in more detail. I know you waited for such a long time and can imagine how excited you are. Write down whatever questions you may have in case. I get nervous too and forget what I want to say. I'm going in to my appt too so I can be scheduled for my surgery and I'm so excited. It's been like..forever. Anyway, please let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions about the trial itself, feel free to PM me. Take care sweetie >:D<
  • Thinking Happy thoughts for you!

>:D<
  • Yes I am excited about this appointment. It's my last resort!!Yes I will PM you. I do have a few questions and thanks for offereing some advise.
    Cheers
  • Thanks for the happy thoughts. I am very excited about this appointment.
    Cheers
  • Great news about the appointment. I wanted to suggest that you search the different manufacturers of pain pumps for information on each one. My doctor gave me a DVD to watch about the one she would recommend if I were to be able to get one. It was good to watch the DVD as it answered many questions. If you can come up with this type of information prior to your doctor visit, this will help you to focus your appointment time on things you don't understand. I do hope this helps you Patsy. Good luck to you.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
advertisement