Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain Med HUGE Mess Up !

advertisement

Comments

• Jon I know what happened was a honest error on my part, despite the fact that you are perfect and assume we all should be as well.

I won't be returning here again. I will not be on a support forum where I am basically accused of misusing my meds and doing illegal things.

I have enough stress in my life without a support forum giving me more.

To those of you who understand I am human and made a mistake and have offered me support & information in so many others ways- I Thank You ♥
  • this goes back to my part about criticisms and i am going to take my ball and go home is a defensive response at best. i just know in all the years i have taken pain meds, 12, i have not lost count or taken the wrong ones or whatever. it is not being perfect it is called responsibility for my medicines. i guess there could be an honest mistake but i've heard of too many pain patients that abuse their meds which in the long haul make it harder on us who depend on them. dr's hear this and it puts up a red flag and in turn they feel they are being taken advantage of and as a result they are more hesitant to give out narcotics. when we don't lose or take wrong meds, the doctors will not have another excuse to not give out pain meds.
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • advertisement
  • Beth,
    I am sorry you find yourself in this predicament. It happens, we are not perfect, NONE of us are. I have been on pain meds on and off for sometime now and I have had mistakes happen. I don't know what I would do in your situation, I hope it all works out for you. Sorry you received judgment on here by some instead of support, I hope you will come back.

L.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,360
    I hope you decide to stay at SH. Everyone here isn't as quick to judge (or misjudge). Maybe people should read your post again and notice that you're saying you d o n' t need the refill yet not that you lost your pills and need some more. I truly hope you see that one opinion isn't the only one here. Most of us understand.

Debbie
  • Why are some of you being so uncaring to Beth. She admitted she made an error in her meds and just was seeking guidance from everyone. We all are human and make mistakes in our life in one form or another. This is supposed to be a place where we all can seek advice and comfort. NOT RIDICULE. It would be different if she had stated she was over medicating herself and wanted more and more drugs. How can we ever help people if we keep running them off to hide within themselves with the pain. We all need to think before our fingers start typing. Bash me for my post if you need or want, but i've got pretty big shoulders can can handle it. Other are not so lucky.A little compasion goes along way. We all look for it and need it so lets give some back.
  • advertisement
  • I am so sorry that this has happened to you. But I think you need to call him and tell him you took the wrong meds for a few days. I hope what you took wont harm you. I think he will understand that it was a honest mistake and respect you for it. Dont let some bother you with there lack of support. You have alot of friends here, and I would really miss you if you dont come back. Sometimes some people dont understand what we go through. Please stay Beth, we love ya!
  • Beth1187 said:
    I had a very long response typed out, and I erased it.
    I know in my heart this was a error on my end and that I did NOTHING wrong intencialy. I thought my opening post explained that :<

Thank you to those who understand the error I made and the position I am now in.

I understood your post. You are not short on your meds but rather have way more than you should because you were taking the wrong med. I would never suggest taking more than the prescribed and then lying about it. I think that a few posters may not have read your entire post before responding.
  • that folks would read the post that they are responding to before giving a response that has absolutely nothing at all to do with the original post. This poor girl is getting badgered for being OVER on her meds! Not SHORT!!
  • Please remember that when you ask for the opinions of members on this site, you will get just that. Some may seem harsher than others, but it all boils down to "be careful what you ask for because you just might get it"

"C"
    Beth1187 said:
    So I am asking for your opinions please.
    Do you think if I call and tell the truth it will hurt me getting my pills in the future?

I hate having to even think this way.....
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    But I am confused. You took too many of the wrong drug. What was that drugs name and strength and how many were you supposed to take a day? And what was that drug for.
    And you thought you were taking your break through drug but wasn't,so after calling the doctor to refill early, you discovered that you were not running low on break through drug. But was running short (obviously) of a drug that you did not name in your post. And, in fact you therefor had to many of the breakthrough drug and want to cancel that order. What about the other unnamed drug you took in it's place. don't you need to re order that drug.
    A P.M.Dr. usually gives you a drug to take every day at certain times. And, if he thinks it's needed, a "break through" drug that might be taken once a day or as needed, not to exceed X amount per day for "break through" pain. That is a pain spike of some sort. Or instances where your regular meds. aren't keeping up.
    So I think you should go to Dr. And tell him exactly what happened. Show him the two bottles and let him do the math with fill dates how many of what drug is left. And what should be left. That would be honest and best way to have a Dr. patient relationship. And it would be guilt free on your mind.
    And Jon already said, I guess there could be an honest mistake. So take that as an apology and lets move on.
    Good luck, Jim
    P.S. please don't leave s.h.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement