Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SCS Stimulator Being Removed!!

Comments

• You're missing my point. I understand that you didn't like the stimulation and that is a fair. That is what the trial is for. But, you yourself admitted:
    meydey321 said:

The thing that I do agree with you is that yes, perhaps the stim trial was offered up too soon in the course of my care, and I'm glad that I was referred to have surgery to correct the mechanical problems I had going on.
    This is the only time you have ever admitted that the stimulator should not have been offered to you. I think your failure is important to be aware of, just needs to be presented in the proper context. I read every post in regards to SCS on this site. Your story gave me pause. Had I known the truth, I would have considered your results irrelevant as your scenario does not apply to me.

Finally, I'm not interested in winning any popularity contests. I will, however, call someone to the plate if I think it needs to be done.

Merry Christmas,

Dave
  • Now boys and girls, let's just stop here and agree to disagree.

It is so easy to omit certain facts without realizing we are doing it. I do this all the time when I talk with my husband. I know what I am thinking and the point I am trying to make, and admit that sometimes I think my husband should know what I'm thinking (even though I don't even know what I am thinking at times...).

Please, let's refrain from name calling. I'm not going to dictate what you can think or how you can feel, but let's not bring these things into the forum in front of God and everybody.

If ANYONE does not like what someone has posted, that's ok. Keep it to yourself.

If you feel compelled to take this issue further, please do it behind closed doors - via PM. An open forum is definitely not the place.

Otherwise, this thread will become 5 or 6 pages long and the important points that need to be made will become lost in the hullabaloo.

(now, where's that peace pipe?...)
  • advertisement
  • I was not "admitting" to anything. Through the course of reading Patsy's experience with her doctors about her SCS experience, I LEARNED that conservative and surgical treatment should be exhausted before the DOCTOR begins discussion of stims and pain pumps. I do agree with that and I don't know why my case is being brought into question. I don't dictate my treatment course, my doctors do, and if it feels right to me and if I think it will be of some benefit, then yes I'll do it. I owe it to myself and my family to try what I can to live a more normal life.

Let me tell you that I don't omit, twist, or manipulate anything. What I write is from the heart and I speak only the truth. I didn't deserve to be put on the hot seat for something my doctors decided for me. I'll accept your apology so that peace can be preserved here.

I don't know about you Dave but I'm done arguing. Let's move on and get back to the topic so the thread doesn't get locked up. It would be a shame because we are gaining so much understanding here.

Peace out.
  • I am sorry your experiance with the stimulator was so bad. I must say mine was not all that good either as it did not work for me. Just a lot of tingling on TOP of my pain and to be allergic to it too!! Not good at all.
    But when it does work for people it works good and I am very happy for them. Anything that reduces our pain is good!!
    I will continue on the oral meds......I have no other choice. I truly am afraid of another implant. It's amazing how much better I feel now that the stimulator is out. Oh....I still have the foot and leg pain. I will never be free of that.
    I will have to continue being undertreated too because I can't find another Doctor who will treat me. And so it goes.
    Hugsssss >:D<
    Patsy W
  • I'm so sorry to hear your foot and leg pain have returned to how bad they were. I truly wish that something else will come along that will help you. It's so unfair that your doctors are not very supportive and that you can't rely on them much. I would keep looking out for another doctor and if one comes around I hope they are qualified and know what they're doing. I know it would make a world of difference in your case. Hugs, Meydey
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.