Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone have days where your whole spine hurts, arms ache among other things?

ButterflyPainBButterflyPain Posts: 289
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Sometimes I have days where the back of my neck hurts, where the skull meets the neck and up on the back of the skull, shoulders hurt down the arms...

But the big thing is that the whole spine just has had it and aches , and all the normal cervical symptoms are at a constant 8 just totally irritated etc?

I know I have a little arthritis in L3 based on a plain old x ray, but I find that area hurts , the neck area, then it seems like both areas just spread up to the center of the spine if you know what I mean.. Plus sometimes I have left leg pain like the pain of my left arm and left side of neck.

Weird my knees and ankles hurt... I did dance a lot growing up, but I dunno... Started having knee pains going up stairs in 2007.

Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Hello,

I have had two neck surgeries one year apart C4-7 front and back 2008 & 09. We had a change in weather this week and my neck, hips, knees have been killing my more this week than normal. Not even all the pain med's are helping, I will be glad when summer gets here.
  • Hello Butterfly,

Yes, I have days like that. Several weeks ago I thought my whole back was falling apart, popping, hurting, etc. when most of my issues are cervical. I suppose it is because of the misalignment and the muscle tightness at the neck and/or the way I compensate for the neck putting more strain on the back. That was my guess anyway.

It did subside after a few days of watching my posture and being careful what I did.
  • advertisement
  • RICK said:
    Hello,

I have had two neck surgeries one year apart C4-7 front and back 2008 & 09. We had a change in weather this week and my neck, hips, knees have been killing my more this week than normal. Not even all the pain med's are helping, I will be glad when summer gets here.
    Hey Rick
    Thanks for the response.
    Sorry to hear you feel the same and have had a lot of pain problems.
    Yes, summer can't come soon enough!
  • Lumpy said:
    Hello Butterfly,

Yes, I have days like that. Several weeks ago I thought my whole back was falling apart, popping, hurting, etc. when most of my issues are cervical. I suppose it is because of the misalignment and the muscle tightness at the neck and/or the way I compensate for the neck putting more strain on the back. That was my guess anyway.

It did subside after a few days of watching my posture and being careful what I did.
    Sorry you have those days too! I must have the same with the misalignment and my neck compensating and putting stress on other parts of my spine and body. It's a crying shame I tell you! :(
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    to me. I think it's usually weather related. Or if I'm getting the flu. That seems to attack my whole spine. Then I feel like the Tin man, who's been left out in the rain to rust!
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • advertisement
  • j.howie said:
    to me. I think it's usually weather related. Or if I'm getting the flu. That seems to attack my whole spine. Then I feel like the Tin man, who's been left out in the rain to rust!
    Jim

Yeah, it is still somewhat "cold" weather here in Cali. You know right know most of my joints in my body are sore, not sore to touch or swelled or anything, but just sore.

I see my neuro monday, I'm gonna ask him if it is related to my neck and spine problems, and if not who should I go see to figure it out... I just want to make sure it isn't anything besides sore joints due to alignment, arthritis, or whatever.
  • j.howie that is so true about the tin man. :) thats how I feel somedays. Like you have rusted up and need some lube:) CANT WAIT TILL SUMMER!
  • Well Butterfly,

I don't feel it so much with my neck, but since my back has been very mean to me ...if the weather takes a turn, I am in agony! I at first thought it was just I did something stupid the day before, and now was paying for it...nope, the weather and my ouchies match! South Florida is pretty stable on weather, but this has been an odd winter, and yep, I do feel it. It's not bad if I am off for the day, as ICE keeps it at bay pretty good! :-) Gotta love mother nature eh?

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Yes, I'm with all of you. Sometimes it feels like the pain is in my entire spine and radiates out from there and into my joints. Just an overall achy feeling.

I have a question for you. It doesn't look like you've had any surgery, but I know that you've had some neck pain for a long time. What do your docs say they want to do to take care of you and your cervical spine problems? Are they able to control your pain most of the time with some kind of treatment? I've seen you post on here a lot about different symptoms and you mentions seeing your neuro - I assume you're not a surgical candidate? I'm just curious. I know you've got a lot of issues and am wondering how you and your doctors are discussing the problem and trying to find solutions.

Cath
  • Cath111 said:
    Yes, I'm with all of you. Sometimes it feels like the pain is in my entire spine and radiates out from there and into my joints. Just an overall achy feeling.

I have a question for you. It doesn't look like you've had any surgery, but I know that you've had some neck pain for a long time. What do your docs say they want to do to take care of you and your cervical spine problems? Are they able to control your pain most of the time with some kind of treatment? I've seen you post on here a lot about different symptoms and you mentions seeing your neuro - I assume you're not a surgical candidate? I'm just curious. I know you've got a lot of issues and am wondering how you and your doctors are discussing the problem and trying to find solutions.

Cath
    I'm glad to know it is probably just something to do with alignment and the disc problems, and that I have support here from people who have experienced first hand. Although I wish we all didn't have these problems of course.

Yeah, I've had neck problems for almost three years now. And perhaps even longer , but it wasn't that bad and it came and went but it was rare the pain happening so no one connected the dots then.

Well my neurologist says I am not bad enough for surgery. The Pain Management doctor said the same thing. And I don't want surgery. One because the insurance I have isn't the best, and two because I am afraid I would come out worse or the same .
    My pain most of the time can be controlled by vicodin and soma. Sometimes a little klonopin is helpful. However I do suffer bad periods for a couple months and that is when I go crazy and feel hopeless. I don't want to go with anything stronger, but I also can't stand it you know?

I trust my doctor, but I really think there is nothing to do ...It's just dealing with it and learning how. Sad but true for my circumstance at least.
advertisement