Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Surgery Approved!!

Comments

• Bless your heart Gwennie! I am so sorry you have had to go through this! Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you! We are here to support you and for you to vent to!

Hopefully, you can now rest comfortably!
  • Glad that it is all over now. What a relief.
    Hope that you have a restful evening and night. :-)
  • advertisement
  • I was reading about your approval, then your date and was SO EXCITED for you, then I read about this procedure you had to have today...OY! I don't know how ya did it girl, I'd have been scared out of my mind! (I have big time anxiety issues though) I'm surprised, and relieved, to see your post that you made it through this & are back at home. Now you can get some rest & begin preparing for the fusion (I don't have my date yet...ins has approved it but I have a jackhole for a PCP that won't give HIS approval b/c I haven't quit smoking yet, but he also won't prescribe me Chantix to help me either....anyhoo I'm in the process of finding a new PCP-don't want this surgery held up any more than it already has been!).

Keeping you in thoughts & prayers....please keep us posted on everything!
  • Glad you came through it okay, but it sounds like a very unpleasant experience. Rest well and try to think good thoughts.

Linda

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Hi Gwennie

Glad it's over. All that pressure and pulling is horrible isn't it. I haven't had what you had done, but had a squamous cell carcinoma cut out from the side of my face near my eye, and all I had was a local, and it was quite traumatic.

Hope the pathology report is ok.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • advertisement
  • Congratulations Gwennie. I'm glad they got it straightened out.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    You'd think they could give you conscious sedation!!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I agree, Spine AZ. I can go to a day surgery center for a 5 minute injection but this dang thing took 45 minutes on my face, and it was done in what amounted to an office. You'd think the risk of infection alone would be enough to scare them!!

I've taken more pain meds for this...and it still hurts. I really feel like I've had a root canal, or something. UGH.

No path report yet, either.
  • Gwennie, you've certainly been through more than most, lucky you're a strong person who just grows stronger in the face of adversity.
    All the best for the surgery and I hope the pathology report comes back AOK.

Kylie
  • Gwennie, you've certainly been through more than most, lucky you're a strong person who just grows stronger in the face of adversity.
    All the best for the surgery and I hope the pathology report comes back AOK.

Kylie
advertisement