Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

MY FINAL TRIP TO SURGEON-FOLLOW UP TO DISCOGRAM

hopeless-in-mnhhopeless-in-mn Posts: 206
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:43 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
-so, i went to see my surgeon yesterday as a follow up to my discogram done almost a month ago.

results:L5-S1: disk morphology is abnormal, with a grade 4 full-thickness circumferential annular tearing noted anteriorly, posteriorly, and bilaterlly.

L4-L5: disk morphology is abnormal, with a grade 4 full-thickness circumferential annular tearing noted anteriorly, posteriorly, and bilaterlly.

L3-L4: disk morphology is abnormal, with a grade 3 full-thickness circumferential annular tearing noted posteriorly.

L2-L3: disk morphology is abnormal, with a grade 4 full-thickness circumferential annular tearing noted anteriorly, posteriorly, and bilaterlly.

--with the next two being negative for tears.

the good news is that after almost 3 years of drs and hospitals and meds and tests, i finally have conclusive proof that this is NOT IN MY HEAD! :''( that this validates all of the numbness, pain, EVERYTHING! that i have been trying to explain for all this time!

the bad news is, that with this amount of damage along with the prior surgeries, the fact that i am still walking, i am not a candidate for surgery.(a four level fusion) and my insurance will probably deny it anyway. he is hoping for advancements in ADR to be able to do a multi leveland in the meantime, has given me a referral to a scs dr. to see if that may work to help control some of the pain to help keep me off the narcotics as that is a priority for me due to the ages of my children.

dawn
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry you have so many levels that have issues, but I imagine you are relieved to have some answers. Did your surgeon explain how replacing that many levels with artificial discs can still maintain the structural integrity of your spine?

I don't know that much about multi-level ADR and was just curious how that works!
  • he needs to wait for the technology to develope first...so then do i unfortunately. :W

so, untill more advances are made, i am stuck. trying hard not to deteriorate too much more in the meantime!

dawn
  • advertisement