Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

back to work FT: WOW this is hard!!

Comments

• Lynette
    Hope that this week goes better and that you gradually get more stamina.
    Do listen to your body and take some time to rest when you need to.

You are doing so well, but mind you don't overdo it! :-)
  • Lynette

It's a new week. Hopefully this one will be a little easier. And don't forget that chocolate cake with lunch!!

Kris
  • advertisement
  • Now that is what I call a good motivator!

Thinking of you on this Monday and hoping that you will have a great week! I'm sure that even if for just a short time, you make such a difference in the lives of many oncology patients.

Last July I lost a very dear friend to cancer. I went with her to her chemo appointments and to her oncology follow up. I was always searching for the reassuring smile from the nurses or the doctors. That one smile would help to give me the strength that I needed to be postitive while I watched her battle.

Thank you so much for what you do and you selflessness. You are making such a difference in many lives!
  • Shari..thanks so much for your kind words. I do love my job and this is the easiest job in oncology and still have patient contact. I don't think I could be giving chemo now cuz it is so fast paced and stressful. The radiation side is much more relaxed and I don't need to worry that if I gave the wrong dose or drug that I would hurt someone.

This week is better so far. I did cut back a little and have left a 3pm both days, and just the extra hour has made a difference. I put my pedometer on just for kicks to see how much I walked and it was 1 1/2 miles per day and that was me really watching how many extra steps I took. I was walking 2mi every other day but that was at once and not the all day endurance that I was lacking. I think I'm gonna make it!! Lynette

Lynette
advertisement