Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

"Out too long, we are replacing you" the boss said...

advertisement

Comments

• thank you Frannie, I found your message comforting and inspiring. My occupational therapist was in today and I shared what had happened. She paused and then said, okay, it sucks, but now you don't have to have the job hanging over your head! You can focus all your energy on healing.
    amazing :) a nice way to turn a crummy situation into a positive one :)
  • I can relate to what you said, I really have been worried and not sure I could return to my position. This year I had both cervical and lumbar fusion. In my job I had to be out in the field for the majority of my time, that meant an avg of 2,000 miles a month. I don't know if I really would have been able to handle the driving.
    Guess I was just not ready to give up the idea yet. But I do know that time moves forward and they really did need someone in the position caring for the staff.
    Great reminders about the packet and a recommendation letter. I am blessed, my hubby has been the one carrying the health insurance. I am trying to remind myself to count my blessings, and that is just one of them.
    another tremendous blessing has been this site and great people like you!
    thank you
  • advertisement
  • I am just stunned, how terrible! I am so sorry you had to go thru that.
    I really hate it that this was a so called charitable organization. They should be ashamed.
    are you doing okay?
  • totally true! I think it was one of the things that really got to me, I have always been the kind of person to give my all. But I just don't think I can do things any other way..
    I was just one more of those here on the site that worked for a very long time with a lot of pain, just didn't think I could take the time to take care of me... what was I thinking?
    just have to remember, business is business, we really do need to take good care of ourselves

take care
    Bonnie
  • hmmm 80 lb lift for an engineer.... that's just nuts! amazing the lengths some will go to!
    I am so happy for you that you found a great new position!
    I am currently working on getting stronger and healthier, I hope I am as fortunate as you in the future,
    thank you
    Bonnie
  • advertisement
  • hi quicksilver, I hope that everything goes very well for you. Take good care of yourself and heal :)
    I think it is good that your employer was upfront about the situation for you. Knowledge does offer comfort.
    take care
    Bonnie
  • Yes, sadly business is business and has to go on, but those "saying bye-bye" to us could be a bit more personal - especially if you've worked there for a long time!!

I would doubt any of us intentionally got hurt, and did the best we could for ourselves to heal and return to our lives. Unfortunately nerves (suck) have a bad habit of getting back at us when we squish, stretch, crunch, cut or smash them!! Lol!!! Sorry, had to add a touch of chuckle to lighten things. :)

If you're a model and know you have to stay xx weight, and keep a certain look and decide to get fat and let your looks go, then that's "your bad" for not taking care of yourself, but most of us didn't have a choice as to what our spine decided to do, and too many didn't have much of a choice in so far as whether to have surgery or not as you know. Just remember, you are still YOU... :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Bonnie, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, that something more suited for us or meant for us is around the corner. We just have to keep the faith in whatever that we recognize it when it gets presented to us!

You know we're always here, and I hope to catch up in chat with you soon! Don't give up!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Bonnie, thanks for your kind words of support.

To be honest, I think that it helps when your employer is a larger organization. Mine has a decent sized Human Resources department and laywers to held them with their procedures and policies. I'va also worked for smaller companies that didn't have this level of employee support. In fact, one of my previous employers was a husband and wife outfit. If I had to take leave for surgery I would have been told to "take a hike". The owner was only interested in the bottom line. Having an employee on any kind of leave would take too much out of his wallet.

Michael
    Disability retirement
  • I was let go after 10 years because I needed six more weeks to recover after FMLA ran out. I asked to work from home and was told HR didn't like to do that sort of thing. Well, guess what? I got a lawyer and filed a discrimination claim with the EEOC. Apparently I have a case that I should have been covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act and they could have tried to "reasonably accomodate" me. No outcome yet, but I am feeling good about the decision. There is a short time to file a claim, so if anyone is thinking about it talk to an atty in your area. You don't pay them unless there is a settlement.

Also, I paid into short term disability benefits at work and received 60% of my income while I was off work, which is much more than SSD and unemployment would have been. If any of you paid into it, or aren't sure, def check it out.

Like you all have said though, life does go on! Hope all is going well with everyone now. Take good care!
advertisement