Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

At the end?

advertisement

Comments

• That's what they deserve if they talk like that. You don't have to understand chronic pain, but there is no reason why you can't understand that you don't understand.

It is about showing respect and giving credibility to the individual... it's about trust. It is rarer than hens teeth... like if you meet someone who does that for you that is probably a very special person, to do such a normal simple human thing and believe you, that yes it is that bad and no it wont get better.

Quicksilver give it a few more months, you need at least 6 to get over a fusion. At 3 I was probably still worse than pre-op.
  • hooch said:
    ... Quicksilver give it a few more months, you need at least 6 to get over a fusion. At 3 I was probably still worse than pre-op.
    Thanks for your comment. I need that. Yes, I have had everybody tell me that. Everybody from my surgeon, his PA/RN, my wife to one of her student's father. He had some major back trauma about ten years ago and he told her the same thing just yesterday.

Now that I'm post-op I have days where the pain is strong and others where I feel almost ready to go back to work. I doubt that I'm telling you anything you don't already know.

Oh well, another day, another round of meds! :)
    Disability retirement
  • advertisement
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,789
    Name your price
    A ticket to paradise
    I can't stay here anymore
    And I've looked high and low

I've been from shore to shore to shore
    If there's a short cut, I'd have found it
    But there's no easy way around it

Light of the world, shine on me
    Love is the answer
    Shine on us all, set us free
    Love is the answer

Who knows why
    Someday we all must die
    We're all homeless boys and girls
    And we are never heard

It's such a lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely world
    People turn their heads and walk on by
    Tell me, is it worth just another try?

Love is the answer
    Love is the answer

Tell me, are we alive or just a dying planet?
    What are the chances?
    Ask the man in your heart for the answers

And when you feel afraid, love one another
    When you've lost your way, love one another
    When you're all alone, love one another
    When you're far from home, love one another

When you're down and out, love one another
    All your hope's run out, love one another
    When you need a friend, love one another
    When you're near the end, love, we got to love
    We got to love one another

Love is the answer
    Love is the answer

Love is the answer
    Love is the answer

Love is the answer

Bearsville Records - Todd Rundgren & Utopia
  • Good lyrics. Not sure i remember the songs but i will check it out on youtube,

But song for the most part means to me=. You have to love yoursef before you can love others. Thats whats great about songs. Everyone has a diferent take on it,

How you been dave? Hope things come together for ya soon. Everything hapens for a reason. What dont.break you will make you, Stay positive dude, dont fall in to depression dude. You want me to send some dancing girls up there?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • HA, I knew it was U2 in the first couple of lines, love that song!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,923
    Entire post deleted. Solicitation and Spammer are never permitted for our team

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 09/07/11
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,789
    Here's my mini poor me crap sandwich: Since my first failed surgery 6+ years ago, this disease has taken from me everything (cept my dog) that I used to hold near and dear. My marriage, my children, my career, my health,
    my credit, my house (soon), my ability to drive, my social circle and access to..... my Dignity.

And the question was?? How do we hold on? some of us do and some of us don't - one of the groups I still belong to has a rather high suicide-death rate.

So I offer this as solice:

Is it getting better
    Or do you feel the same
    Will it make it easier on you
    Now you got someone to blame

You say
    One love
    When it’s one need
    In the night
    Its one love
    We get to share it
    It leaves you baby
    If you don’t care for it

Did I disappoint you?
    Or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
    You act like you never had Love
    And you want me to go without

Well it’s too late
    Tonight
    To drag the past out
    Into the light
    We’re one
    But we’re not the same
    We get to carry each other
    Carry each other
    One

Have you come here for forgiveness
    Have you come to raise the dead
    Have you come here to play Jesus
    To the lepers in your head
    Did I ask too much
    More than a lot
    You gave me nothing
    Now that’s all I got
    We’re one
    But we’re not the same
    We hurt each other
    Then we do it again

You say
    Love is a temple
    Love a higher law
    Love is a temple
    Love the higher law
    You asked me to enter
    But then you made me crawl
    And I can’t be holding on
    To what you got
    When all you got is hurt

One Love
    One Blood
    One Life
    You got to do what you should

One life
    With each other
    Sisters
    Brothers

One life
    But we’re not the same
    We get to carry each other
    Carry each other

One

One

Written by Graham, Scott David
    Performed by U2 Bono Rocks!!

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    ...post. Each of our experiences are so individual and yet..well put, Ron," we're all on the same page".
    We all are worthy of life to it's fullest...whatever that can be for any of us on any given day...or moment.
    For me that includes reframeing my thinking to be as positive as possible...day to day..moment to moment. What ever works !
    For example..I differ from tam-tam as I do re' my pain as a friend.

Initially, I tried to fix it, make it go away...now I understand it a little better.
    It feels like a relationship that has developed. I never know what to expect day to day..but this "friend" is in unbelievable need of care and I am the most expert at giving that care.

I will never give up being a caregiver to this "attack on my body". Like a difficult friend or loved one...I'll not walk away and give up, but stay along side and supportive..

And as cautious caregiver, I come here to take care of that part of myself that needs reassurance...that I'm doing the right thing, that it's okay to be angry sometimes, that other people feel alone and sad, too, sometimes.

Stuck with the pain and stuff can become near unbearable..but the aloneness and rejection of others is the real pain to me.
    This site has given me strength, encouragement and hope. And you have helped me...helping me..to communicate with friends..family.. those w/o a clue and it's okay..cuz I can come back here and talk to any of you who get it!
    I don't think I'm the only one who needs to" know and be known" and the human connection with you has been huge to my "dealing" and healing.
    Thanks you guys! See you later :)

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

advertisement