Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Stellate Ganglion Block for RSD any others ?

Comments

• Danigirl2269DDanigirl2269 Posts: 1
    edited 08/05/2015 - 9:20 AM
    i have crps and have usually had sympathetic blocks (3) and showing improvement . i am also a crps patient as a result of a workmans company accident. the insurance for wc have been putting me and my doctors through hell in a hand basket there has not been any meds pt or symp blocks in over 4 mos as a result directly from insurance not authorizing anything including meds. i try to treat my crps with natural healing nutrition and meditative techniques as it is an only option even though my last hearing my initial diagnosis of left foot injury was amended to include crps and all body parts affected . i was hopeful until they decided at the wc ins that they would no longer auto anything this my crps decided to spread from left foot all the way up my left side left hip entire spine upper neck and upper limbs both rt and left and my allydonia was out of control. my neck spine an d arms had been spamming and extremely painful for weeks and my doc had again ordered mris and more symp blocks and a sgb. which only the sign was authorized -- i have no idea why this sudden act of kindness on wc ins part to auth. but he'll - i'm in purgatory and decided to rush to first avail appt asap! so today i had the first sgb and i have the hoarseness the droopy eye the swallowing coughing a bit of dizziness but mostly have been lying here with massive headache and cannot sleep at all it's a horrible headache and feels like i'm either grinding my teeth or a jaw lock too . of course my neck and arms feel better than ever in months and no allydonia which begins nightly. i am to speak with my dr tomm but was wondering if any of you experience the headache and if i can take something for it ! i need relief i want to sleep but am scared if any effects. i have 5 mg of valium he prescribed i had to pay out of pocket for since was denied auth at pharmacy 800 mg of ibuprofen and even medical marijuana but am nervous to put another drug in my system but it's now 12:23 am got the sgb at 330pm and want relief. i must ali mention this i am running on 4 hrs sleep and little to no food as it's tough to drink water without choking and hacking and food the same . has anyone had these side effects? help please all advise is appreciative
    xoxox
    dani

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    I have re-read all these posts on RSD and it seems neck injury, sympathetic issues are a large part of it. I had a neck injury and autonomic issues hence sympathetic problems , I have several other issues but the Drs still can't decide why I have much more pain on right side vs left , if I cut my body in half I could have so much less pain on right side. I had early swelling in both right hand and right arm, some changes in nails and way it looked in color and skin. Those things don't happen any longer but the cold is ruining my life , it's literally the worst thing for me. I have allodynia also. I have small fiber neurapathy to and I see in some studies, this is present in many cases of RSD. I never thought I had RSD but no one can figure out the one sided part of my issues, it does not follow normal trend of my issues. Did all of you have visual changes and did they last? Is the cold in just one side?-
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.