Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Fusion (3 level), PLIF, in 9 Hours!

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Xena,
    I haven't posted here in years, but today I was told I need a multilevel fusion, so I decided I needed some support.
    I hope you will keep us posted on your progress.
    Spinal fusion is one surgery I haven't had(yet) but have had several others since 2007.
    I do know post op is one day at a time.
    Hugs,
    Patti
    Osteoarthritis of lumbar spine,stenosis L3-4,L4-5. bone spurs, DDD
    Bil TKR 2007
    Bil THR 2008-09
    Lumbar laminotomy 2007
    PT, manual therapy, acupuncture, yoga,massage, pool therapy
    pain meds
  • Hi everyone :)

Well, here it is Wed five days post op. These days have been a pretty crazy ride. Pain management is always an issue, and I never realized how much BETTER your life will be with a good nurse on shift. There are amazing nurses here, and there are those who either delight In my sufferings, or are so stupid/burned out I wouldn't trust them with emptying the trash! Uggh.

But, my back continues to improve and I'm doing my PT which is critical I guess. I so want to go home today!

I will write more when I get home and let you all know what multi-level fusion is like in Portland! Much love out to all my spiney supporters and friends and please know I am routing for all of you too!

- Xena
  • advertisement
  • So good to hear you are improving. And yes I know what you are talking about with nurses. Keep us posted.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • Have not been on site 4 awhile..Had a 2 level L3,L4 PLIF about 16 month ago & wanted to encourage you to take it easy post-op because u do not get a 2nd chance to give yourself the best recovery possible.You will feel noticeably better once you get past the first month.You will be a much stronger mom as well!Keep us posted,sure you are relieved to be going home!

Best Wishes~ Julie D.
  • I agree with Julie D. You only get one chance for recovery. And it does get so frustrating at times, you think you will never heal and then all of a sudden you feel much better. Patience is very important!!

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • advertisement
  • Hi Xena! I am sooooo happy you are going home. Everyone says this is the long tedididous part, but the hardest part is over. Now just take it easy and do everything the doctors say. Keep posting!
  • Hi Xena,
    So glad to hear that you are headed home! I hope you have help lined up so you can rest.
    I am in Portland too, and I am very interested in knowing about your hospital and Doctors. I am talking to Drs about having a fusion, so I would love to hear about your experiences so far.
    Best wishes in your recovery,
    Patti

Osteoarthritis of lumbar spine,stenosis L3-4,L4-5. bone spurs, DDD
    Bil TKR 2007
    Bil THR 2008-09
    Lumbar laminotomy 2007
    PT, manual therapy, acupuncture, yoga,massage, pool therapy
    pain meds
advertisement