Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

IS it time to give up

KENTUCKYGIRL65KKENTUCKYGIRL65 Posts: 210
edited 09/10/2012 - 6:35 AM in Chronic Pain
advertisement

Comments

• alexhurtingaalexhurting Posts: 1,991
    edited 09/10/2012 - 3:51 AM
    No dont use a gun, you might shoot yourself in the foot, You know how much harder it will be to walk with a bullet in your foot? Ye we all have to deal with this pain but we find reasons to go on even when its small things that make it worth it,
    Like dont you want to be around to see who will be the next president? I know i do, Every event in the world we live to see and witness becomes part of our life and we lived to see it, Dont compare your life to others life cause when we do we simply torture ourself, Been there done that, Dont expect family or even friends to be sympathetic because some cases they simply dont know how, I look at it now as they have a disability as they dont have the ability to be sympathetic and as bad as it may sound its a fact,
    Live for the moment and for each day as life is short enough for many as it is and take in moments of laughter even if its short lived and an old song that takes you back to days of no worry and no stress or pain, Making out in the front seat of the car days while the stick shift jabbing you in the ribs causing permanent fracture! Now get back to work or your fired! Git-er-done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • KENTUCKYGIRL65KKENTUCKYGIRL65 Posts: 210
    edited 09/10/2012 - 4:05 AM
    Sometimes we just need somebody like you to make us laugh! My mind is still young so many things I wanna do but this crazy body of mine just wont let me ..I know life is short and those brief moments where the pain might ease for a second I do smile and take advantage of it, Im pretty seasoned with pain and have learned to live with it but some mornings it gets the best of me and I have to have a pity party..And as far as our president whew we sure didnt get many choices there!! lol Thank you for making me smile
  • advertisement
  • Hey Kentuckygirl65

If I was you I would hang around some more you never know who you might see slip and fall and break their a*ss lol

Not to long ago I was thinking like you but the thing that stopped me was I am Catholic and in my religion if you off yourself you go to Purgatory and that is not a good place to go besides I might be with people I did not like lol

I have come to the conclusion that this is where I have to be and if people do not like it so be it. Also with all this going on I have learned to laugh at myself more than I did in the past and now I just do what I can and hobble around take my pills and try and enjoy life. I live in a rural area so I have cows and horse for neighbors so they do not bother me, My dog and cat keep me company in-fact I actually think I have better conversations with them lol.

Hang in there

Rob
  • alexhurtingaalexhurting Posts: 1,991
    edited 09/23/2012 - 11:05 AM
    You have cows and horse for neighbors? I have 1 neighbor thats a real pig is about it,
    You can at least milk the cow for fresh miilk for your morning cofee,
    And i guess i can carve my neighbor for bacon, All we need now is chickens for fresh eggs and we can have a great breakfast,

I dont have horses sadly as neighbors, But i sure deal with a lot of bull !
    I think i proposed to a goat once when i turned drinking age,! She rejected me so i married a jackass ! She kicked like a mule so we divorced !
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • 4 Racoons. And a Fox.
    Cause: car accident & genetics
    Effect: herniations C4-7, stenosis, osteoarthritis, myelopathy, neuropathy
    Non-invasive Treatment: everything under the sun
    Invasive Treatment: 2 level ACDF, C5 & C6, May 2012
    Moving Forward: SCS
  • advertisement
  • alexhurting said:
    You have cows and horse for neighbors? I have 1 neighbor thats a real pig is about it,
    And i guess i can carve my neighbor for bacon, All we need now is chickens for fresh eggs and we can have a great breakfast,

I think i proposed to a goat once when i turned drinking age,! She rejected me so i married a jackass ! She kicked like a mule so we divorced !

I live in MO and before this I was In NY and on the board of a co-op and I know where you are coming from. That is why I ended yo here where it is nice an quiet and as I said no neighbors the best kind to have is horses and cows, in-fact yesterday I just took a few pares off the tree I have and feed them to the horses who loved them. This is the life I always wanted, I do live in pain like the rest of us but what can you do about it. I called my pain Dr today to adjust meds and take one out as the price went up thank obama care. Oh well lol
  • Ms Pixie said:
    4 Racoons. And a Fox.

That's better than a skunk lol
  • NO NEVER GIVE UP
    ive wanted to so many times ive lost count
    and then i realize what ill leave behind and that wakes me up every time
    you have too much left ahead of you to give up
    just hang in there
  • I was having a really bad day that day , thats one of those days you get down in the pain dumps and just cant get up, I like cows for neighbors lol I love the sound of when they are laying chewing on well whatever they chew on lol..People neighbors not so much they look at me strange , sometimes im on a cane barely can walk (spasms) and then others I dont have to use it so they are just not sure and thats ok maybe they will leave me be , and then the days I feel just a little decent I go to the gun range and walk out with a crap load of weapons so they really think im weird heeheee ..
  • alexhurting said:

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.