I tore two disks S1-L5,L5-L4 back in may 2009. Went though 5 specilists and 2 pain management practices, 2 head docs, drug guinea pig, back brace, chiropratic all with the same results the roller coaster and a steady decline in my physcial and mental health. Could not work for more than 2 months every 8-9 months ( income for 2013 "0"). Also I am in my late 40's
1) Chronic Pain is a chain reaction and a web of symptoms as we all know.
2) Finally after 5 years the tears have healed so the sciatica is gone.
3) My legs still hurt but not as bad and the pain location(s) changed.
4) I started treating the pain, spasms, depression, and anxiety at the same time and at the same intensity ( HARD!!!!)
5) After 3 months now the pain is now reduced to bursitis due to the constant 5 years of constant muscle spasms.
6) I am now pain free 75% of the time and steroid shots are being scheduled for each hip and above each knee.
In the last 5 years I have been in the hospital at least 15 times, been on fentanyl patches and massive amounts of daluidid, gone through 2 months of withdrawal in which I lost my memory and lost 15 pounds. Also been in a physc ward for 5 days due to the wrong med. and dosage prescribed. For the last 2 years (Until November) have only been able to walk more than 20 feet every other day
In my posts I said many times NEVER GIVE UP!!!!
Lastly to quote a saying from a book my head doc gave me " you need to own your pain" hard to understand and comprehend. Simplest is that your pain is like your car, so you listen to all the facts, listen to your body, keep pain log, you do the driving, ASK QUESTIONS!!!!
Don't rely or expect any doctor to "drive". I would give the title of the book but that may be a violation of the rules of this forum.