Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Carrying Pain Medication in Public

Comments

• mcjimjam, your pharmacist can give you a smaller bottle with the label on it for you to carry smaller amounts of your meds in so you don't have to take the whole bottle around with you, just gotta ask them to do it for you. :-)
  • Thanks Taren, I'll ask him about that :)
  • advertisement
  • TarenTTaren Posts: 524
    edited 04/26/2014 - 4:08 PM
    You are very welcome, mcjimjam :-)
  • taren
    i speak pig latin also
    on=jay
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • You can ask for a medium size bottle and have them print off the labels for the meds you need to carry in one bottle and stick the labels on the paper they come on, inside the bottle or into a coin purse to keep the bottle in......One recommendation though, is to put the bottle or coin purse or whatever you are carrying your meds in, into a zip loc bag, in the event that you get caught in weather, it can make the difference between those meds dissolving or not if it gets wet.......
  • advertisement
  • I used to carry mine mixed in with my daily vitamins, got on many a plane ride using this method. They would really have to comb through and ID them if they cared to. At $8 an hour, I doubt the TSA cares enough to do so. Now I carry a smaller bottle and paste a label from a bigger bottle on it, this is my usual 3-day supply I'll have with me at any time. I'll take it with me when I fly the next time.
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • I never had trouble carrying my narcotics on an airplane. I put them in there bottles and then in my purse. I always carry them where ever I go in my purse. To work...to the Dr..everywhere. never any problems
    Female 44 survivor of thyroid cancer...just had two surgeries for breast cancer and chronic back pain. Live in upstate ny. On 8mg dilaudid 6 a day and 60mg morphine sulf er 2x day
  • If you are carrying your total prescription amounts with you, everywhere, you are taking unnecessary risks with your medications. What if you dropped or spilled your purse? What if a bottle fell out? What if someone saw them and decided to help themselves to your meds?Your doctors won't replace them, and the risk of accidental overdose for anyone else is too great......you should only carry the amount of medications that you need for the day or few days with you, and secure them, whereever you go.
  • sandi
    i just carry one days worth, 2 pills and the other 2 i leave at home. 4 pills a day, 2 at work and 2 at home. some with the lollipops. they are a bit different because they are wrapped uo but labeled. i put them in a baggy wrapped up until used. better safe than sorry especially with high school students. i also leave them in my backpack where i put this in the closet locked up. at home all are locked up in a safe where only i have the key to open it.
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • I did the same, Jon, when I used the fentanyl pops. Like you said, each is individually wrapped,but I would also put them in those small snack type zip lock bags, then put them in my purse, I would actually slide them under the lining of my purse. Correct, do not want any kids getting a hold of them, or anything for that fact. What flavor do you use? Mine were like a strawberry type flavor, very fruity tasting-I can see why they get the name lollipop, they taste like one. Those along with the fentanyl patch was my best relief ever.
advertisement