Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

what can i do

deinaddeina Posts: 1
edited 11/23/2014 - 4:18 AM in Lower Back Pain
hi i am a 31 yr old female and beleive usually in working through the pain and it will go away on its own but this time the more ive tried has only made it severly worse
i have been suffering from severe lower back pain for almost 2months now at first it was when i walked alot lately im in so much pain to just stand do dishes. i walk every where walking is my only transportationits gotten to point im in so much pain i am taking triple amount time get any where the pain for last few weeks has been moving to my legs and feet to point my feet seem to freeze up and i have to sit or il collapse and even sitting takes time when im at this point what could it be and could anything help?
deina
advertisement

Comments

• hoggsterhhoggster ScotlandPosts: 51
    You must go and get medical advice , im the same as you by the sounds of thing I keep going take some painkillers and now ive been to doc had an mri scan and im doing as im told for once as I have a large disc prolapse ,
    were is your pain are you taking pain relief ,anti inflammatorys hot/cold compression good luck keep your chin up
  • advertisement
  • hey im a 22 year old who had very bad lower back pain for 4 months that was not getting better.
    I did everything from therapists to all kinds of stretches and pain killers. I Had a MRI and had to disc bulges,
    What saved me from my pain was a book that i read. It is called Healing Back Pain by doctor Sarno. it cost me 15 bucks and it saved my life from the pain i was in. Read it and you will get 100% relief.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,348
    *********************************************************************************************************

Welcome to Spine-Health

It would be very helpful if you could provide us with more details. Here are some questions that you
    should answer:
    • - When did this first start?- Was it the result of an accident or trauma?- What doctors have you seen?- What Conservative treatments have you had? Which ones?- What diagnostic tests have you had? And their results- What medications are you currently using?- Has surgery been discussed as an option?- What is your doctor’s action plan for treating you?

Providing answers to questions like this will give the member community here a better understanding
    of your situation and make it easier to respond.

Please take a look at our forum rules: Forum Rules

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator : 11/28/14 01:05
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hello Deina,
    The other respondents have told you already, you do need to seek medical advice soonest, ultimately you will need an MRI scan to understand you issue but it sounds very much like a prolapsed disc. I had one earlier this year, awful pain and life changing in terms of what you can do. I'm NOT diagnosing you hence you need to seek advice soonest for your own healtth.

My advice and your body will be telling you this anyway, but do not lift anything at all or bend or lean unless it is 100 unavoidable. The reason being is that if you do have a prolapsed disc then you might well make it worse and you don't want that. After an MRI you will then receive choices, you can of course, take the non-surgical approach, I did this 10 years ago and it took 4 years to recover fully. After my recent prolapse I went for surgery within weeks and it has taken a few months afterwards to recover.

Seek medical help and look after yourself.
  • advertisement
advertisement