Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

week 27

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hello everyone,not sure if vic is still feeling poorly so though id go ahead and start the week 27 thread.Hope u have all had a good week.Well i stayed the same weight but im quite pleased as id been away in cyprus for a week and ate out everynight although i did try 2 make healthy choices,ready for this week and still off bread,apart from bagels haven t had any for 3 days.looking forward to seeing how the rest of u are doing
advertisement

Comments

• Gonna eat smaller potions of healthier foods and start walking. Well I weighed in this morning at 265 pounds. I'd like to get to 165, so I have 100 pounds to go. Told you I had to lose mega weight :) *Crosses my fingers* I hope I have the willpower.

Christina

• well, i have to report i gained the 2 pounds i took off last week and lost, then i put on 2 more. that's right, a 4 pound gain!! in one week! can't explain it. i don't know what went wrong unless my scale has gone haywire. yes, let's blame it on the scale! NOT! benji, i am happy you had a great vacation and no weight gain. that took some effort on your part and you should be so proud of yourself! going to Cyprus and all and not gaining a pound! Christina, maybe if you start off looking at small goals. 100 pounds is pretty overwhelming but look at 10 or 20 and you can do that!! we are here whenever you need a boost or just a chat! good luck and you can do whatever you set your mind to do!!! Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • Well done Ben, maybe you should live 6 months of the year in Cyprus, their diet obviously suits you. I can't remember ever going on holiday and not putting on weight, good for you.

Don't fret Jenny, my scales do weird things all the time, I bet if you weigh yourself tomorrow it will have gone again!

Welcome on board Christina, Jenny has given you some really good advice about making the goals smaller. I wish I could think of things like that!

Well I have no idea how I pulled it off but I managed to stay the same this week. I don't deserve it as I have been tempted a couple of times but I guess the swimming and physio is balancing it out.

Hope you all have a good week and looking forward to seeing less of you all again next week.

• :) doof, this seems to be a week of hanging in there anyway. tempting the food fairies is no way to lose weight! they win every time! i see you have an open mind as you start the new week. that is a great way to move forward. have a good week and take good care! Jenny :)
  • As usual, I am afraid to get on the scale. I did do better eating this week, so I actually think I may be down a pound or two! I got my hair cut and colored this week for the first time in months---I have been afraid to hang my neck over the shampoo bowl! I know that doesn't have anything to do with dieting--sorry to babble on. Jenny, Vic, Benji, Doof and gang--keep up the good work! And, welcome Christina!--Mazy
  • advertisement
  • As usual, I am afraid to get on the scale. I did do better eating this week, so I actually think I may be down a pound or two! I got my hair cut and colored this week for the first time in months---I have been afraid to hang my neck over the shampoo bowl! I know that doesn't have anything to do with dieting--sorry to babble on. Jenny, Vic, Benji, Doof and gang--keep up the good work! And, welcome Christina!--Mazy
  • that 1.5 lbs that I gained last week! I am back down to 237 lbs and lost a total of 19 lbs since February when I started at 256 lbs. See there Christina, I told you that you are not alone! Jenny, do not get discouraged you will take that 4 lbs back off. Maybe part of it is water weight? Congats to all that stayed the same and remember today starts a whole new week to give it our best effort!
  • Mazy,congratulattions on taking hold of yourself and getting your hair done! feeling beautiful is so important as we deal with new body shapes. my husband gives me a manicure and pedicure once a month and i do a great facial mask as well. i keep the gray out of my hair and moisturize to prevent dry skin. having fun with these girly chores takes the drudgery out. so continue on from head to toe and you will find pounds coming off. painintheback, i don't know your struggle, i am dealing with 30 pounds, but i so want you to know i support you all the way. i am so proud of you for taking this journey of weight loss. remember small steps! you are doing great! Jenny :)
  • I just joined this site and I am impressed! Great job on loosing the weight. I gained a few extra pounds (okay 20 or so) since our daughter's death in November. I've been working on taking them off. In the past I went up to a tight size 20 (at 5'2) and went back down to a size 3. I did it with exercise and diet. Now it's difficult not being able to exercise like I did in the past. I am in a size 8 looking to get back to a size 5.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.