Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chiropractic adjustments only last a day or so, anyone else?

Been working with a chiropractor for almost a year for S I Joint misalignment due to broken pelvis/SI joint trauma 7 years ago.  The Chiropractor adjustments are only lasting for a day or so at this point, then the hips/joint get "stuck" again.  He wants me to visit 3x/week, but that isn't possible with his schedule and mine.  I feel I'm getting worse, not better.
How long do your adjustments last?
Serenamcn18
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,772
    You will find if you searched on chiropractor here, that the majority of members are not in favor of seeing a chiropractor once you have been formerly diagnosed with a spinal disc condition.  Many times more harm that good can result.
    From what I have read, most chiropractor adjustments for muscle and minor back problems can have fast and long results. , but it comes to the spine, the results could not last that long.   But, every individual is different.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Betty65BBetty65 FloridaPosts: 83
    The last time I went to my chiropractor, my back was "out" by the time I got to the parking lot!
    Betty65
  • advertisement
  • I saw a lovely chiro but sadly felt worse after, I never clicked until after seing her and now I click a lot. they do help a lot of people but sometimes I think they need further investigation or help. they never do xrays which is what I find odd as they want to manipulate bones they cant even see.

I tried an osteopath too and that was less avasive but still no luck.

have you seen a physio? maybe the muscle needs to work with the joint and a physio could help in this area, also accupuncture is very good but again not for everyone.

• cspencer13ccspencer13 CaliforniaPosts: 37
    I think the thing about chiro is that you really need to follow up by radical lifestyle shifts. If you go back to doing all the stuff you normally do, your body is going to do what it normally does........so, yeah, that happened with me and I've heard what you are saying is really common. 

For me, that day of relief was worth it, so I continued, and I'm working hard to change my body mechanics going forward. I also added accupunture as well. 
    Cyndi
    39y.o. mom of 4
    3/2/16 - L5/S1 fusion after a decade of trying everything else
    2015 - developed Occipical Neuralgia and bulges at C4/5 and C5/6
  • lauramanllauraman AtlantaPosts: 27

I think the thing about chiro is that you really need to follow up by radical lifestyle shifts. If you go back to doing all the stuff you normally do, your body is going to do what it normally does........so, yeah, that happened with me and I've heard what you are saying is really common. 

For me, that day of relief was worth it, so I continued, and I'm working hard to change my body mechanics going forward. I also added accupunture as well. 

Same with me. Chiropractic will not work unless you stretch and strengthen your body in between visits. If your chiropractor won't spend the time to give you exercises see a pt who will. 
  • advertisement
advertisement