Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

wearing a back brace

about 4 months ago I  received a lower back compression fracture :# .  So my doctor told me no physical activities for a year along with a back brace which I am supposed to wear for 6 months. I am staying off of physical activities But I only wore the brace for the first 3 months, my 6 months are almost over and I'm starting to experience pain again in my lower back where my fracture is and a little pain down my leg. I am worried that since I didn't complete my 6 months with the back brace my recovery time will take longer or I damaged my back again. so my question is if you have had the same experience as me and did not complete wearing your back brace was it a longer recovery? Did it damage your back even more by not wearing the brace?
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello....
    Just a reminder that what may be one person's experience, may not be yours.
    What did your doctor say when you explained the return of pain?
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement