Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Workers comp and Spinal Fusion

I have PLIF fusion at the L5-S1 level scheduled for March 31st.  This is a workers comp injury and so far to get a prescription for pain pills filled I have to drop off the prescription and wait 24 hours for the adjuster to authorize it.  Then I usually have to call the company that pays for the prescriptions and get them to call the pharmacy and tell them that the medication has been authorized.  My biggest fear right now is that I am going to get out of the hospital after surgery with a prescription for pain medication and have to go 24 hours after surgery for workers comp to approve the prescription.  Has anyone ever experienced this?  Am I just being paranoid?
advertisement

Comments

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 971

Andrea

Have the hospital give you your first weeks pain meds as part of your hospital stay.  I think this is pretty common practice with most hospitals/doctors.  Make sure you have help at home once you are released from the hospital.  Your upcoming surgery is a MAJOR surgery and the first week will be pretty rough.  Check this site for lists of things you will need before and after surgery... the lists are quite helpful.  You need to be prepared...  Good luck...

Harry - 65 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015