Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

One month post surgery feel very depressed

i couldn't understand why I feel so depressed. I have been marvellous since my surgery (laminectomy fusion and stabilization). I have been doing most things but can't bend lift etc. I am a very active person and would like to return to my Pilates classes and etc but obviously I can't. I am helping to look after my granddaughter 3 days a week and have been fine. But this weekend I have felt so tired and down and my family don't understand they think I should be all singing and dancing as I have been so good and the severe pain in my leg is now gone. I am worried for the future and also about how I will be long term. 
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hi....
    It seems one month post op isn't a very long time.
    It is so not easy to care for a child during the week either.

Curious if Doctor approved you returning to child care work already?
    You mentioned the severe pain is gone.
    May I ask what symptoms you have at this time in your recovery post op?

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• NLTNNLT Pacific Northwest of USAPosts: 19
    A month really isn't a long time and recovery isn't a straight line. Setbacks are a part of the process, I think. I hope things will ease in a bit
  • advertisement
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 645
    Hi....and you are so very early in your recovery. 

My soon to be granddaughter will be eight next month, and I'm still uncomfortable about watching her by myself...at this time I still wouldn't be able to administer CPR if necessary. 

I got real depressed after my fusion too, went to Dr's, found my blood calcium was high, which can affect you mentally. Wouldn't hurt to let your Dr know you're struggling.