Hello, i'm looking for patients who had similar surgery like mine and their advice on the recovery process.
1st of all i'm sorry to hear that you had to go through this operation and wish you good recovery.
I'm 30 years old male very active and well fit. I had a cervical spinal surgery on the 9th of March-16 and the doctor used Peek cage with artificial bone graft method on c5/c6.
- Immediately after operation all pain in the neck disappeared and hands numbness also disappeared.
- X-Ray immediately after operation and 4 weeks after operation were described as excellent by my doctor.
- Doctor suggested to wear hard plastic collar for 6 weeks day and night. then soft collar for extra 4 weeks
- Doctor prohibited me from carrying anything or driving until 2 months after operation and promised that i can resume normal life with gym and weightlifting after 4 months after operation
- Now one month after operation i generally feel good with no pain and i'm well adapted to the hard plastic collar (was impossible to sleep for the 1st 2 weeks after operation due to the collar). Nevertheless, my neck and shoulder muscles feel extremely sore because of the hard plastic collar.
Please share your experience if you had the same surgery and try to answer questions below:
- When did you do your operation and how was your overall experience?
- Did you try to ask your doctor to use another more advanced technology than Peek cage with artificial bone graft example Artificial Disc Inser? What was his response?
- Did you suffer from any loss of movement after 6 weeks from operation?
- Did you have to go through physiotherapy after the operation?
- Did you suffer from any recurrent pain after the operation?
- Did your doctor warn you from any sports or activities after your operation? Or he told you that you can resume normal life after successful fusion 4 months after operation.
- Any advice you would like to give...
Thanks for your honest reply.