Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lower Back Pain and slight loss of sensation in privates.

Hi there i tried searching around for something similar to my concerns but I couldnt find anything. I'm 22 (female)  and I hurt my back by stretching incorrectly. I havent been able to go to the doctor yet (will on monday when i most likely feel even better and can walk more comfortably) and have been managing pain by myself.

I've been in bed most of the day for about three days now and walking around slowly as i feel better. I was able to shower and i noticed that my private areas had a slight loss of sensation. I dont have trouble controlling my bladder but i read that numbness is something to be concerned about and i cant help but feel paranoid. The thing is theres not complete numbness and the results that pop up on google lead me to this site but the topics seem to be about complete numbness only.

I'm wondering if its possible i also might have a pinched nerve that will heal itself? I havent lost feeling on my legs or any other part of my body besides my feminine parts.

Pardon the extra bit of information but i was able to orgasm but it wasnt as good as other times. (i tried testing to see if i could and if it would just regain feeling on its own)

I'm really worried if this is only temporary until my back pain is resolved or if my mistake is going to have permanent results. i could really use some insight until i can see my doctor :(

advertisement

Comments

• Hello, Rosehipz!
    Anytime you experience a loss of sensation in the "saddle" area (called saddle anesthesia), it's probably in your best interests to be seen by your doctor.  Not to frighten you, but Cauda Equina Syndrome can become a very devastating condition if not treated promptly.  In no way am I saying that you have it--no one here is allowed to diagnose, after all--but if there's something serious going on, better to address it sooner than later!!
    I would also like to welcome you to the forums!!  Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • Please let us know how you get on when you have seen your doctor........Last year I had a second spinal surgery, and since then I have been left with numbness in my saddle area, also parts of my foot....I was very worried that it was  Cauda Equina Syndrome, but fortunately it wasn't.....It is apparently nerve damage due to the operation, and will not get better......I do hope yours is temporary.  It sounds like something pressing on a nerve........Let us know please.
    Birdlady
  • advertisement
  • Thank you for the kind responses. I'm aware about Cauda Equina Syndrome hence my reason for worry. I feel very lost and alone because i havent had any pain other than what feels like the right side of my back. A sharp sudden pain if i accidentally move the wrong way or sit the wrong way for a while. And of course what I talked about in my first post. 

I'm trying not to self diagnose either until i can get to my doctor. It's been hard since i live with severe anxiety in general and about my health and depression. I've started crying at the thought of ruining my sex life to some extent because i decided to stretch incorrectly. Reading other people's stories about CES is absolutely terrifying to me but i cant help but keep reading. I really just want to hit a reset button to stop myself because the psychological impact so far is really hard to cope with. 

I'm able to move around without any pain most of the time now at least and i really feel like it might just clear up on its own without surgery and walking around instead of laying in bed is helping..

I wont know much else until I can get to my doctor.. I will post as I learn more about whats going on with my body.  

• Try not to overwhelm yourself with "too much information"!!  It's tough not to do that when something questionable is going on with you physically, but getting to the doctor is the first step!!  Definitely keep us posted, and get that appointment!!
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • Alright so stopped reading horror stories about it and I was able to go to my GP today. He felt my back I guess to feel for a herniated disc or if it hurt to touch. It does not. I asked about the sensation loss and he told me to schedule with an OB/GYN... 

I'm feeling super anxious now because I noticed its also in my inner thighs. I pinched super hard with my nails and it still hurts but not as much as it used to. I'm wondering if it could be a temporary condition as my back finishes healing? Maybe wishful thinking but its helping me stay cool on the subject... I'm considering waiting another day or two then going to urgent care or the ER. 

On a scale of 1-10 my back pain is about a 1 most of the time now and maybe a 2 when i get up after laying in bed for a bit. I'm able to walk and move comfortably. No changes to my bladder or bowel control. 

• advertisement
  • I'm feeling super anxious now because I noticed its also in my inner thighs. I pinched super hard with my nails and it still hurts but not as much as it used to.

I CAN STILL DO THIS.  The origin of my problems, however, differs from yours in that my problems were the result of scar tissue that built up after my fusion surgery. 
    I don't know if this is so much a gynecological as it is nerve issue, but I'm not a doctor, either!!  Just "feeling" someone's back really isn't going to tell a story like an MRI or other imaging test would...just sayin'. 
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • Seeing as I have the same numbness in my saddle area and inner thighs , I would say you should insist on an MRI scan.....I really don't know how a doctor can tell just my feel, what is going on in your spine......
            Remember my numbness is caused my an operation, so your doc is probably correct......even so an MRI wouldn't hurt........

Birdlady
  • pennie92pennie92 KentuckyPosts: 21
    Hello, Have you ever had x-rays done on your lower back? I also agree that you need to have an MRI done..I feel you should be making an appointment with a neurosurgeon....I have something called spondylolisthesis and this can be one of the symptoms of having this condition....not saying you have this...just saying ...you need to have it ruled out..and find out what the cause is....feel free to email me if you need someone to chat with or are seeking more infor about spondylolysis or spondylolisthesis...pennie92@aol.com...
advertisement