Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Vertigo after ACDF

I had C-5-7 ACDF on July 19, 2016. I am still in my neck brace and really only have to take 500mg of Tylenol after waking up. I am pleased with my pain as it has decreased tremendously. 3 days after being home I have had the worse vertigo that does not go away. I saw my family doctor which gave me Antivert 25mg 3 times a day with no relief at all. I contacted him again and he prescribed a prednisone 4mg pack which I am half through. It has eased up some but still bad. Anyone had this issue and did you find a solution? Please help and thank you!!
advertisement

Comments

• Hello, Bobo81!

Vertigo is terrible...I'm sorry you're having such problems with it!!  I have had a couple of moments with it, but my experience certainly does not compare to yours.  Since the prednisone does seem to be helping (even if just a little), I'm wondering if the vertigo will ease as your nerves heal from the inflammation caused by surgery?  Just a thought...

I'd like to welcome you to Spine-Health!  Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!!
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • I am closing your duplicate post due to the following:

Spine-Health Forum Rule:
    5.11 You agree not to make duplicate threads.

was put in place to avoid confusion on the boards.

Many people think if they duplicate their thread on several different forum categories, their message will get to more members and responses will follow.

Unfortunately, this does not happen.

Member A creates Thread "A" on Forum category: Lower Back Pain
    Then creates Thread "A" on Forum category :New Member Introductions
    Then creates Thread "A" on forum category: Conditions Not covered.

So now, we have 3 Thread "A" all which are 100% duplicates.

Member B sees Thread "A" in Lower back pain and responds.
    Member C sees Thread "A" in Conditions not covered
    No one reads Thread "A" in New Member conditions

We now have different posts in the different forum categories but addressing the same subject.

We lose any thread/post continuity. The though process is lost and other members may never read the other Thread "A"

That is the real reason this rule is in place!
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • advertisement