Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Searching Spine-Health for Information

most of you have your favorite interweb search tool, and whatever you use it is probably great, but it does what it is supposed to do which is search the internet.  so, when trying to figure out some of the crazy medical and member terms used in our forums, the problem is that google or bing both return results that have nothing to do with the spine.

in ohio, when i search for "scs", i get something that looks like this:

which just doesn't look like spine information.

what to do?  what to do?   well, at the top right of this page is a handy dandy search tool that searches spine-health.com - so the results are specific to spine health.  the tool looks like this:

if we use this tool to search for "scs" we get information about the spine:

and now i know that scs is an abbreviation for "spinal cord stimulation".  but i want to see a video about them, for that there is a thingy that geeky people like ron @dilauro and i would call "tabs":

which allows us to focus the search results on things that interest us.  in this case, we can select "videos" to narrow the results down to videos about spinal cord stimulators.

hopefully with this, you will be able to better learn about what your doctor and other members are talking about.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

advertisement