Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Got "The Talk" At Last Appointment

advertisement

Comments

• maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 322
    edited 09/14/2016 - 11:34 AM
    That really sucks! You shouldn't have to save your meds until you are in absolute agony! This is such a sad time for chronic pain sufferers. Is your surgeon still prescribing your meds or is this your PCP you are now dealing with?
  • Yes, my surgeon is still responsible for refilling my medications.  When I started having complications, I was told they were waiving the usual "12 week cutoff" for med refills as I was--and am--still technically under their care.  I have not sought out a new pain management facility due to that fact (NOT going back to the old one!!!), but that will likely be my next step should my surgeon refuse to refill the medications this month.  I guess with the way I'm feeling combined with getting back to school has left me feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Seeking out a new pain management facility really wasn't on my "to do" list, but will have to be now. 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,167
    Kimmy, you ARE one tough cookie !! 
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Each and every one of us here are tough cookies in our individual ways!  I see amazing examples of true "grit" and resilience every time visit the forums! 
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Sorry to hear of the added stress of all this.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
  • Thank you, Aaron.  Hopefully, a little time "away from it all" this weekend will rejuvenate the fight in me...I am so drained.
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • Class tonight..spasms so bad I was white-knuckling the desk and trying maintain my composure.  I gave in and took 10mg of Valium when I got home at 7:30.  No relief.   Two Tylenol PM an hour ago.  STILL no relief.   But I need to wean off the meds.  I have no idea how I am going to withstand this semester without medicinal help. I'm losing my balance more often,  too (almost fell getting off the elevator AT school--something up with movement/depth perception--the other people on the elevator looked at me like I was drunk! !! I guess it probably looked that way. This whole weaning idea is ridiculous. 
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • Kimmy 
    What a bunch of crap but it has only begin and it is a shame. I think you know how I feel about this cut people off or don't help them with pain meds when needed and to read you are there makes my blood boil. 
    I am sorry the nights are long when pain won't let us sleep and  there is zero I can do or say that will make it easier on you wish I could. I will pray and hope with all my heart you get some help Kimmy.
    So sorry Sherri
  • Just knowing you (and the"spineys") are here for me DOES help, Sherri...thank you SO much!  I had my husband feel my back In the middle of a spasm attack before I left for school,  but it's against forum rules to repeat what he said!  :s
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • I'm so sorry, Kimmy!  Is there a PM doctor in your area that you could work with?  This is no way to live - especially since your symptoms are coming back and the source isn't resolved.  These doctors are horrible!!  I have my 12 week appointment with my surgeon tomorrow, and am nervous how it will go.  You need meds - I am so angry for you!  Hang in there and I hope he refills...talk soon.  Keeping you in my thoughts!
advertisement