Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Life after Fussion L5/S1

It has been a long time since I've checked in here. Most people who post here are searching for support in the early stages of their conditions and surgery recoveries.
After recovery they move on. This forum has been a fantastic source of support and information, I've referred many people to this site.
It has been three years since my last surgery,my first surgery was in 2012 and had a revision due hardware failure in 2013. It has been a very long and
Difficult recovery. Biggest adjustment was I was unable to continue working. Since my retirement I have focused on becoming more fit and overcoming
the pain and function issues . I have neuropathy in my left leg , that requires constant exercise and rehab to be able to walk. I see lots of posts from
people wondering what they can do when recovery is complete. My advice would be to get in the best physical condition you can, work with your PT team
to develop an excercise program that strengthens your core and aerobic conditioning to build endurance . Lose Weight!!!!!!! I have worked very hard
at doing just that and now I play golf weather permitting everyday! I can travel and do basic chores around the house. There are many things I can
no longer do or I have to do differently. My point there is hope but it takes effort and perservence. Set goals and lineup the resources to accomplish them!
My life will never be the same but I am making it the best it can be!

Blessings to you all'

Greg B

GB71
advertisement

Comments

• NotMeNNotMe Denmark, EuropePosts: 73
    Thanks, Greg
    You're right we all need to hear about how to live on with busted backs and what to do. Right now I'm in the middle of recovering from surgery. Good to hear stories from those who walked before us. So thank you for writing.