Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

25 F with sharp stabbing pains near left shoulder blade and spine accompanied by chest pains

I was diagnosed with scoliosis in June 2007 , found out I had severe idiopathic scoliosis I had a curve up top that was 71 degrees and one down the lower portion that was 50 percent.. I went through spinal fusion surgery at the age of 17 and have had back pain ever since.. it was mild for the first few years with moderate pain. Back in Dec 2014 a little over a year after I had my daughter I started getting severe back pain in the left shoulder blade area and noticed that there was a lump/knot in between my shoulder blade and my spinal cord(The pain was so unbearable that I could barely sleep) The pain would start in my shoulder blade area and radiate straight through to my chest where it felt like someone was stabbing me directly through my chest to my back and vice versa.. I've had CT scans, Xrays, Ultrasounds on the lump and all of the doctors just keep telling me they don't know what is causing the pain or the lump to reappear. The pain will come and go but when it comes it is SERIOUS, if anyone can please help out it would be greatly appreciated.
advertisement