Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

very confused about what to do and what to expect

Hi there ,after being told no more injections,ive got a referall for an assessment for a spinal stimulator at nottingham uk,are there any uk spineys on here that have gone through this process,ive read in a few places it doesnt take a whole lot of pain away,and seems alot to have done to get so little back,so please answer if you have,thanks
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello!
    Using search may be helpful to you, while you are waiting for responses from members with shared experiences.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• armelindarmelind South TexasPosts: 131
    I am not UK but I have a spinal stimulator. As with everything else, each person has a slightly different reaction or outcome. If the pain gets too great, maybe get the trial. See if it is something that works for you... it may help, it may not. Even having the trial isnt a guarantee of a pain free existence. I, for example had a fairly successful trial. But my stimulator doesnt seem to help as much as I had hoped.... but there are others that had a great outcome. Others didnt do well at all and needed their implants removed. It all depends on your body. But I would suggest if the pain is just a discomfort but you are able to function well, then I would wait. Surgery, in my opinion should always be the last resort.

Good luck to you.
  • advertisement