Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

9 to 10 months after surgery acdf c5 c6c7

I had my surgery at the end of June 2016.  I went back to teaching Kindergarten in September.  My family is very good and assists with many heavier activities around the house.  I was even excited to go to an indoor water park in February with my family.  I attempted a few slower water activities and did well.  Unfortunately, on Saturday ( 5 days ago ) I was at the hairdresser.  When I got into the car my back (lower)started to hurt. Of course, I rested  little (heating pad and motrin).  As of today (Wednesday)  it is not much better.  Is there anything related to my surgery and my lower back?  I know I didn't do anything to cause this in my back (no twisting or extra lifting.  I do see my surgeon for my neck check up on Monday
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,366
    kgeorge

the spine is so complicated, you never know what can be causing what. could it be a pulled muscle?
    i would definitely bring this to the doctor's attention monday.
    please let us know how it goes. take care

i have you you  link for reading material, very good articles to read on our lower back.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • KGeorgeKKGeorge New YorkPosts: 42
    Thank you so much. I will definitely talk wit the doctor on Monday. 
  • advertisement
  •  If you have spinal arthritis or DDD in one area, it may possibly develop in other parts over time. Adjacent segment deterioration is common after having a fusion. I had l4-s1 fused. Years later l3-4 autofused with bony overgrowth and it was painful. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
    I went to the doctor today and explained everything. He gave me a muscle relaxer and wants an MRI done on the lower lumbar just to be sure there's nothing else. Thank you everyone
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,366
    Kgeorge

Hopefully a MRI will give some answers. Good luck witth it and keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
    Thank you so much - the muscle relaxer did help today.  It's difficult to help Kindergarten children when your lower back aches/hurts.
advertisement