Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Three Level ACDF

Having surgery June 1st ACDF on C4 thru C7. I have Disc degeneration disease and after an auto accident made it worse resulting in herniations. How has any of your experience with this type of surgery been? It has been an up hill battle with workers comp denying my claims to finally dropped the case. I have a lawsuit against drivers insurance that hit me and hope to get some of the loss of wages and etc back at some point of n this ordeal. However right now just want to get well enough to return back to a normal work life. I am a HVAC Mechanic but have had to take a less paying job as a supervisor in a prison facility in Texas TDCJ. Just anxious about everything from recovery to paying bills and getting back to work. 
advertisement

Comments

• Comfortman Welcome to the forum. I had ACDF on C3 thru C7 on March 21 so I can share with you what my experience was. Of course, we don't all have exactly the same experience so take it for what it's worth. :)  The first week of recovery was the most difficult part for me and that seems to be pretty universal and expected. By week 2, I was feeling much better and by week 3 I was able to take a 5 hour flight to attend my daughter's wedding! I had to rest a lot during the trip, but I was there (with my doctor's blessing). 
    I think the best course is to do everything your doctor tells you to do, rest and sleep when you can, take the drugs as prescribed and believe that everything will be better very soon.