Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Central Pain Syndrome - local or diffused - deep brain stimulation - brain spect scan

I was in an accident 9 years ago and have been fighting for my life and my body has metamorphically been changing physically and neurologically. I live alone and go through major anxiety running around the world for medical help. Has anyone looked around the world and finally had a good experience to find a doctor who deals with burning in the head to your toes with muscle spasms?

I get pain even with shots of pain in my head, headaches, memory issues. I asked for a brain spect scan from a neurologist to have a doctor like Dr. Daniel Amen to tell me what is wrong with the activity in the brain

I heard of the heard of tried the ''deep brain stimulation'' for their condition? It is done by a neurosurgeon for people in extreme pain and suffering from depression, too. It has been used for Parkinson's and OCD patients as well.  Medications are limited in effect if it works at all. This is the last resort for people in burning.

If you have any knowledge or experience in this, please let me know what your experience has been, how much you paid, and what doctor treated you with any other helpful information.
advertisement

Comments

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    I've been around the US but not tried those things, but I have heard of them.  Can you supply some details in regards to accident and diagnosis and what's been done so far.
    The deep brain stimulation is very new for central pain and I believe the hope is like ketamine where it resets your brain function as central pain is maintained by brain functioning incorrectly.
    The burning pain from central pain is quality of life robbing and relentless 
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.