Dr. Benjamin Bjerke is an orthopedic surgeon. He specializes in minimally invasive and motion-preserving spine surgery.
Dr. Bjerke has written articles published in medical journals, such as the Global Spine Journal, The Spine Journal, and the Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, and he is a reviewer at the Bone and Joint Journal. He has coordinated several research projects on orthopedic surgery and has delivered numerous presentations at medical conferences and meetings.
In addition to his research, Dr. Bjerke has volunteered as a spine surgeon to treat spinal diseases in Ghana in Africa. He has also served as a team physician for the US Freestyle Ski Team and at the XGames in Aspen, CO.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- MS – Organic Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles
- MD – Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency – Orthopedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell University
- Fellowship – Neurosurgery and Orthopedic Spine Surgery, Mayo Clinic